Losi 5t 2.0 vs 30dns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Im thinking about losi 5t engine on about 1600 euros to buy a new one but as i was searching i saw the 30dns brand which looks like exactly the same and in the half price. What your opinions about 30dns? What about upgrades?? Are the same as losi 5t all the parts?? The 29cc engine is ok to play or have problems as a stock one??

The 30DTT is a clone of the V1 Losi 5T, parts are durable and 99% of the Losi parts fit the 30DTT and vice versa.
I have just changed my 29cc 30degrees engine for a zen32. Nothing wrong with the 29cc, I just wanted a bit more power. (I bought a second 29cc engine to put in my baja to ditch KM30.5 unit)
I've had my truck for a year now, broken parts have been an exhaust, steering servo, clutch spring and a top end rebuild kit.
Its been cartwheeled, lawndarted, put through fences and tumbled more times than I care to remember, they are good trucks for the money. Think they are currently £735.

The 30DTT is a clone of the V1 Losi 5T, parts are durable and 99% of the Losi parts fit the 30DTT and vice versa.
I have just changed my 29cc 30degrees engine for a zen32. Nothing wrong with the 29cc, I just wanted a bit more power. (I bought a second 29cc engine to put in my baja to ditch KM30.5 unit)
I've had my truck for a year now, broken parts have been an exhaust, steering servo, clutch spring and a top end rebuild kit.
Its been cartwheeled, lawndarted, put through fences and tumbled more times than I care to remember, they are good trucks for the money. Think they are currently £735.
im thinking the same to buy it as roller with z32cc on it and some aluminiums. i haven't decide yet if dtt or the original losi 2.0. everything fine with dtt?

im thinking the same to buy it as roller with z32cc on it and some aluminiums. i haven't decide yet if dtt or the original losi 2.0. everything fine with dtt?
I love my DTT, most of the local lads I bash with have them and had them a few years. If your going to buy a roller and then put the Zen 32 in it, plus electrics etc your probably not far off the cost of a genuine Losi 5T 2.0. By the time you spend £550 on the roller, £200 on the engine, £140 on a pair of servo's, £60 on a radio, £35 on a kill switch, £30 on a battery, I make that £1015 and its £1400 for a genuine 5T iirc.
My truck was bought rtr for £699, had it a year and done changes bit at a time. Its been super reliable.

I love my DTT, most of the local lads I bash with have them and had them a few years. If your going to buy a roller and then put the Zen 32 in it, plus electrics etc your probably not far off the cost of a genuine Losi 5T 2.0. By the time you spend £550 on the roller, £200 on the engine, £140 on a pair of servo's, £60 on a radio, £35 on a kill switch, £30 on a battery, I make that £1015 and its £1400 for a genuine 5T iirc.
My truck was bought rtr for £699, had it a year and done changes bit at a time. Its been super reliable.
happy with the 29cc engine?? is it reliable??

29 cc stock engine comparison to 32cc zenoah??? worth the upgrade??
Up to now yes, lots more low down torque, I think it also starts a little easier but that could be in my head.
Rpms are the same if not slightly higher than the 29cc as my max speed increased by 1mph with the 32cc in it using same pinion.
I'm using the stock 30degrees pipe on the Zen32 which seems to work OK with it.

Hi

Im thinking about losi 5t engine on about 1600 euros to buy a new one but as i was searching i saw the 30dns brand which looks like exactly the same and in the half price. What your opinions about 30dns? What about upgrades?? Are the same as losi 5t all the parts?? The 29cc engine is ok to play or have problems as a stock one??
Τhanx for the infos 💪💪

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks