Losi 5T sputtering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hokanson95

Hey guys! I’ve been having a sputtering problem with my Losi 5t lately... I replaced the motor with another stock CY29RC about 4 tanks of fuel ago. I took the truck out to drive today and it will idle fine and has okay low end power. The truck will then sputter with anything more than 1/3 throttle. Everything is clean in the intake and carb, the truck has a brand new spark plug and is getting sufficient spark and fuel, I have also tried 3 different types of fuel octanes and mixture ratios with no luck. I have attached a video so that you can see what is happening.

I had a similar issue when I started up my Vekta for the last time. Start up fine, but when I gave it throttle it sputtered and cut off. I took the engine out and made sure the clutch shoes were ok, checked the carb needle adjustments, and fuel lines but still couldn't find out the problem.:unsure: Turned out I made a rookie mistake and left the choke on while trying to drive it.:ROFLMAO: Took the choke off and voila she ran perfect. Long story short, check the basics.(y)

Alright guys I have found the problem... I took off the air filter and ran the car for a few minutes on the stand. After removing the air filter and giving the car full throttle, I began to notice a solid mist of fuel spraying out of the intake. I tried tuning the car while the filter was off, but nothing would change and the fuel would continue spraying out. Any clues as to what would cause this?

Alright guys I have found the problem... I took off the air filter and ran the car for a few minutes on the stand. After removing the air filter and giving the car full throttle, I began to notice a solid mist of fuel spraying out of the intake. I tried tuning the car while the filter was off, but nothing would change and the fuel would continue spraying out. Any clues as to what would cause this?
Pretty sure that's normal. But I think it's rich, I'd try to richen it up alittle. But if it's still doing it try leaning it alittle

Try disconnecting your kill switch. And see if your problem goes away. My killer bee was giving similar problems before it before totally died. Also check your battery voltage .it might be low and causing kill switch issues with your ignition

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks