Losi DBXL batery - How to safe use a li-fe 2s for stock servos work like servos...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

targetingxmod

Since i have the DBXL that using the ni-mh batery was giving me "#$"#$"#.....

Killer RC 2s li-fe 6.6v 2600mah for 40€?
Killer RC taller cover for lipo & receiver for 35€?

How about 2s 1450mah from Turnigy for 16€ that will fit nice? (need to wire them parallel)
Giving a 2900mah 2s 6.6v that will move the servos like it should, and not kill them like a 2s lipo will do?
45_20160920_104538_zpsgvdxcacf.jpg

-GRRRR nimh, bye!!

46_20160920_112958_zpsazjijcnt.jpg

-Two 2s 6.6v wired in parallel by me!.

47_20160920_114456_zpsainwdqfq.jpg

48_20160920_115449_zpsbccgnbxh.jpg

-Also made a cover for ther balance plug. I have the Deans cover...not on pictures!

No need to remove & open the box with all the stress that involves. Just conect cable and charge on the GO!

Servos now do move...and are still safe. Need to test it, but now i see no point on changing them before they die.....later 7.4v will come...but for now....

SHAME that they use a 1700mah 6v ni-mh from stock!

AHhahahhahaha.....yahahahaha you can have a 7.4v 2s lipo in there but need to buy 2 more servos that handle 2s lipo ...that's going to be at least more 150€-200€ depending on servos and lipo... and also de KillerRC taller covers... For 17€, stock servos will move like a servo.

-Those are the taller boxes from KillerRC. They have a Life to fit in there but is 2600mah... :) or 2300mah can't remember well

Advantage using the @Killer RC is a bigger one...but servos need to go... cause that 7.2 is a 2s lipo = 7.4v

-On those pictures from RC KILLER, those stock servos will fry in the short term...

Been running my servos on 2s LiPo for a while now without them blowing up.
My reasoning being, that i will just buy new servos when they do. Untill then no reason to upgrade ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks