DBXL Losi DBXL Bogging Down😬😬

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msazzle

I've got a Losi DBXL K&N, starts and ticks over fine, on acceleration it's bogs down badly and stalls. So far done tuning H/L, swapped carb out, used a different tank and pipes, checked spark plug and tried another, took engine out checked clutch spring and clutch pads seem ok, took exhaust off. P**sing me off now as can't resolve - any help appreciated.

sounds like you already put a new carb, and the H/L needle is set properly? High is 1.5 turn and low is 1.25 from closed. gaskets all good?

engine's 4 bolt head good? sounds like a leak somewhere that's causing the carb/engine to run rich and flood.

new fuel? correct ratio?

Mine had this and it was a loose carb mounting bolt, super frustrating.

sounds like you already put a new carb, and the H/L needle is set properly? High is 1.5 turn and low is 1.25 from closed. gaskets all good?

engine's 4 bolt head good? sounds like a leak somewhere that's causing the carb/engine to run rich and flood.

new fuel? correct ratio?

Mine had this and it was a loose carb mounting bolt, super frustrating.
I've dropped a carb onto it from one of my other cars, seems better but still not right. H&L set correctly at 1.5 and 1.25. Ratio 1:25 on fuel E5 mixed with castrol fully synthetic. I've pretty much stripped everything now, unless I go for brand new carb and gaskets but not sure this will cure it. Its just really struggles on throttle. The fuel cap has nothing to fo with it does it as the bung inside is caput, got one on order buy doubt that would be the cause..😬😬😬

E5? is that ethanol? have you successfully run on that fuel before? pump gas 87-93 octane is recommended in US, 92-98 octane in europe.

might be time for a new carb and gasket since you said it runs better on a swapped carb.

E5? is that ethanol? have you successfully run on that fuel before? pump gas 87-93 octane is recommended in US, 92-98 octane in europe.

might be time for a new carb and gasket since you said it runs better on a swapped carb.
E5 is the new UK name for super unleaded, think its 98 Vs normal 95 in normal unleaded. Anyhow, the plot thickens even more....just had it running pretty good, slow to pull off but good high end, 5 mins later its struggling high end with what appears to be clutch slipping on the housing, when I had it apart there was plenty of meat on the clutch, I would say almost new as the cars not done that much😬back yo stripping dien again 😬

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks