Losi DBXL stock battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Traxxas battery laying around. I used that.

picture.php

picture.php

i noticed the 1700mah battery that comes with the losi dbxl is crap. mine only lasted me lie 20 min of run time. i have charged it 3 times today just to get the motor broke in. i feel like they should last longer then that.. i think i would like to get a lipo.. killer rc cells some nice rx packs..

I cannot for the life of me understand why they would fit such a stupidly low capacity battery in a largescale vehicle.

No FG or HPI Baja routinely has less than 4000 - 4500 mAh.

Once you start fitting higher performance servos, the battery's doomed with such a pitiful small capacity - that really is ridiculous and something I wasn't aware of.

Once you fill the tank, the engine will run for at least 25-30 minutes, and if using lighter throttle considerably longer!

Al.

Hi! I got a new to me (second hand) Losi DBXL. I see the batery is very small.
The gas tank should give me 45minutes of runtime.

What is the problem with the batery going out of juice? (i know the servos or receiver won't work). Fine.

But for the gas motor, what happens when the batery goes low? Does it stop? The spark is conected to the batery, right?

Thanks!

Must get a remote kill switch, if you don't already.
No power means no signal, and it'll cut the ignition.

If it is motoring - at speed - and there's no battery / insufficient battery power, then even if the failsafe is set, it cannot work, so it will roll to a halt - or hit something.

If there is still battery power, but is weakening, I would switch off, which will cut the ignition (if you have a decent remote kill switch) and - if set - set the failsafe on full brakes.

Al.

I cannot for the life of me understand why they would fit such a stupidly low capacity battery in a largescale vehicle.

In this day of age in the RC world, and coming from Losi, its definitely a cheap move to cut corners to the last penny.

Might as well don't give any battery. The RTR I purchased, will not say brand to prevent any beat, came with a 4800. Can run mine at least five full tanks and still have some juice left.

A good charger is a must, to let it cycle a few times to refresh them.

Those batteries are real cheap, its no high end lipo.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks