Losi dbxl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marky what weight oil u do in shocks. Only thing left to redo on mine. I drop the locker in center with 60k front and rear diffs runs good. Def keep eye on the cv screws and pins. And redo tank screws put longer with nuts.

I put the locker in my center diff too, but I'm going a different way then the thicker shock oil to keep it from bottoming out on the departure of a jump. I put stiffer DDM springs on it and gonna lighten up the shock oil. I think the springs will carry the weight better with out bottoming out and then with lighter shock oil, it will transfer weight better/quicker and not want to spin out as easy. Kinda like I have my Baja setup I dirt oval race. It's pretty "floppy" but it sure hooks up good! And with the center diff locked, it will power the rear wheels all the way off the jump and not loose power as soon as the front wheels leave the ground. Just my thoughts. :)

I put the locker in my center diff too, but I'm going a different way then the thicker shock oil to keep it from bottoming out on the departure of a jump. I put stiffer DDM springs on it and gonna lighten up the shock oil. I think the springs will carry the weight better with out bottoming out and then with lighter shock oil, it will transfer weight better/quicker and not want to spin out as easy. Kinda like I have my Baja setup I dirt oval race. It's pretty "floppy" but it sure hooks up good! And with the center diff locked, it will power the rear wheels all the way off the jump and not loose power as soon as the front wheels leave the ground. Just my thoughts. :)

Just lay in a good supply of the pins in the drive shaft and out on the wheel because it will break them with the center diff locked mine breaks them with 100000 in diff that is if you jump it a lot the DDM springs help a lot

Ok, back to the OP's orginal question, I emailed a couple places that make 5ive 2 speeds today to see if they will have anything for the DBXL and this is what Demon RC sent me...

"We are currently testing prototypes for the Losi buggy. It's similar to the one for the 5ive but requires some modification. I expect us to continue testing through the summer and early fall and hopefully have it ready for release this winter.
Sales - Demon RC"

Just lay in a good supply of the pins in the drive shaft and out on the wheel because it will break them with the center diff locked mine breaks them with 100000 in diff that is if you jump it a lot the DDM springs help a lot

Do you know where or what size the drive pins are? I can't find any "kits" and noticed the pins on the dog bones are wearing quite a bit and would like to replace them before they brake. All I can find is the universal joint repair kits. I got a couple of those for spare parts.

Cool, thanks. I just ordered 2 set of drive pins for the 5ive off ebay. Spare parts! ;)

Now, if I could just keep my right rear drive shaft from falling out! lol

I got the drive pins sets in for the 5ive and just FYI for everyone, the small cross pins look like they will work great, just need a flat spot or divot ground for the set screw but the outer axle pins are bigger then the DBXL's. So if you wanted to use them, you would have to drill out your hubs and axles. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks