Losi desert buggy XL 411

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ash3

Recently purchased a losi desert buggy xl. Ran it a few times down the street. Itching to get it on a track. Anyone in the city of orange interested in a day at the track let me know probably do irvinr lake track soon? I'm aware that there are very few if any aftermarket parts. But id like to leave this thread in order to throw out any info or recommendations on this vehicle.

For starters if anyone has problems with the vehicle starting but not moving when on the throttle simply remove the inner air filter and squeeze the excess oil out in a napkin. The factory applied way too much oil not allowing enough air to pass freely through the carb.

Ash, firstly welcome to LSF.

This rig is hot property.
Interesting the over-oiled bit on the inner filter - perhaps they were expecting some to linger on shelves a bit?

Let us know how you get on.
Al.

Thanks for the welcome. I am re-entering the rc scene. I used
to build the gold chassi rc10 been about 12 yrs or so. Nice to be back. Not a bad way to come back with the dbxl

Welcome.
And the other reason why a vehicle may not engage the clutch is because it's too rich and not revving high enough. This is typical on a new engine. After you've gently ran though a tank of gas you can lean out the needles a bit and the engine will speed up.

Hi, new to the page and large scale. I also just purchased the dbxl and was having the same issue off throttle. After a little frustration talked to an experienced friend who purchased one as well. He has the same problem with the filter. Swapped mine and wow, she woke right up. I'm defiantly hooked and anxious for upgrades.

New info. Spoke to a losi sponsored racer at the track this past weekend. The inner filter is oversized causing air flow restrictions. If u shave off an 1/8 inch it will fit much better and not scrunched up

Don't believe you have to do any mods to get the losi 5ive motor in the 23cc and 26cc will drop right in

You saying that reminded me that I was planning on ordering mine without engine. I'll be transferring the 26 out of the 5ive and into the DBXL. Than I can drop my RCMK 30.5 into the 5ive.:w00t:

On another forum they mention about fuel line in wrong place , that the black line should be on top of carb

If it's on the yellow line it's wrong also the filter is to big around it will not pick up all the fuel in the tank the motor starts bogging at about 1/2 inch of fuel in tank because that's the filter is 1/2 inch in diameter and the tank is flat

My buggy runs better without the outer filter I've been running just the inner... From the looks of the aftermarket filters it seems like the inner should be fine?

Looked thru manual again nothing really showing much,but on this forum I think they were stating that the black line should have been on top of carburetor and and yellow on bottom and fuel filter on which ever line that picks up fuel, since I'm new to these motors I don't have a clue

normally the yellow or see through line is on top of carb so you can see the fuelreturning to the tank,the black line is normally on the bottom of the carb with the filter on it in the tank which is the pick up line.
there is an in tank filter available with ears so it sucks up every last drop of fuel if you go to pitstopshop and search for fg8350 youll find it

Okay thanks for the info the pick /filter was on the yellow line , so I moved it to black line just need a nice day to test it

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks