LOSI Servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to this scale but the guys that I run with have been discussing going to Lipo 7.4v. The only issue is that the throttle servo can't go 7.4v but the steering servo can. A few have tossed the idea around to move the steering servo to the throttle and put a Savox 0235 or 0236 as the steering servo. Now you have a system that can run on 7.4v lipo, next step find a lipo to fit the box. Any thoughts on this idea??

Having had a close look at the Losi servo and the Savox servo - it's the same servo - the other day I was told that a Losi customer in the US recieved a replacment Losi servo that turned up as a Losi product but in a Savox box.

Having had a close look at the Losi servo and the Savox servo - it's the same servo - the other day I was told that a Losi customer in the US recieved a replacment Losi servo that turned up as a Losi product but in a Savox box.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. The specs on the stock Servos and the Savox 1/5 scale servos don't match. For one, the stock servos - one is digital and one is analog. The two 1/5 scale Savox servos are both digital and the differences keep going on from there. I'm not sure what the mystery is but it's got folks scratching their head. :lol:

servos

i changed mine to hitec because the majority of guys do that as a matter of protocol, so it seems. i also changed the tx/rx to spektrum, again due to advice of regulars who routinely upgrade their stuff. these brands, good, bad or indifferent have a big factory warrantee which the "guess what i am " brand in these cars doesn't. so, that' what i did and my $0.02 worth!

ya thelosi and savox are the same,savox makes two diffrent servos thats probally why when you looked you seen the diffrent specs,probally looking at the other savox servo,but i am running stock losi servos with 7.4lippo since i have had my car and no problems probally have 15 tanks through her,good luck..

ya thelosi and savox are the same,savox makes two diffrent servos thats probally why when you looked you seen the diffrent specs,probally looking at the other savox servo,but i am running stock losi servos with 7.4lippo since i have had my car and no problems probally have 15 tanks through her,good luck..

I don't know if you guys are having the same problems as the racers over here but a lot of the racers are having issues with the steering loosing power half way through a 30 minute final - there are a lot of different battery/transmitter set ups but they're all struggling with it.

Good to know and you are right, I was assuming both stock servos were Savox. That's been now cleared.

I was wondering, isn't the stock throttle servo only limited to 6.0v? I know the stock steering servo is good to go on 7.4v. So how are you managing that? I was under the impression the throttle servo would be damaged if you ran 7.4v to it.

I don't know if you guys are having the same problems as the racers over here but a lot of the racers are having issues with the steering loosing power half way through a 30 minute final - there are a lot of different battery/transmitter set ups but they're all struggling with it.

I'm not a real racer but I do race. I didn't notice that effect in my two times racing but the other racers are noticing it. I'm guessing if you are using the stock battery it would tend to fade as it discharges, it's not a lipo. Then again, I'm just guessing. Regardless, I'm going lipo to get the additional juice and last a little longer.

it happens regardless of what battery you're using, a lot of it is because we race on astroturf -loads of grip and it's making the servo work to hard and it fades when its hot, you guys may not notice the problem if you run on dirt.

Both my throttle and steering servos took a crap on me. I switch to the savox and it's awesome. The stock factory servos I believe are savox as well but it might be their low end servos because the diffance between the servos are night and day.

Last edited:
Any ideas why?
Sounds strange, unless it was seriously not set-up correctly - servo horn not correct - and the servo strained.
Did you connect LiPo 2S and the servo's not compatible?

Al.
lets just get something straight. Servo horn's were off prior to powering up. Battery Pack used was the pack supplied. After a 1/2 tank run the steering servo is on it's was out as well, and that was not hard driving l was just running the engine in. IMO l would put it down to poor quality servo's supplied by Losi

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks