Losi xxl 2 gas issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillclimber

Wanted to know if anybody else is having issues with the new .31 dynamite engine. Not even sure it has been in any other vehicles hoping for some moral support really!

I purchased the Losi XXL 2 about 5 months ago engine seized. Sent it in under warranty to horizon hobby. Took a month to get an answer, when I did they said it was a problem with the connecting rod and sent me a new engine. That was awesome even though I only had the truck for 4 tanks of gas. After I got the new engine ran it for about five minutes it ran crappy took the plug out and found that the button head ( Gap setter for the plug) had fell into the crank case. Well knowing the that they were going to be another month of getting back to me I took it upon myself to take the engine apart clean out the crank case and put in another Button head. Ran for about 3 laps or so of figure 8s (annoying break in) and the engine seized again. I took off the starter block and the crank bearing to connecting rod had been chewed up and spit out.

Wanted to know is anybody else having problems. I cannot get a response from Horizon hobby about 2 weeks ago when the button head fell out they asked what I was mixing. I then knew I could not rely on them to get me good resource information about the engine so here I am. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I would still stick with Horizon tech svc. over a public forum on such a new product.
My experience:
Internet_dog.jpg
So many people out there have differing motives....Horizon wants it to run correctly, rest assured they want you to be happy, so they will dispense the best advice. The Savage octane is having a similar rumor mill generated about their issues....

I am very interested in this engine. I only found it a few days ago. Was not aware it was the stock engine in the Losi XXL. I have a 2014 Edition Savage XL (nitro). I wanted the Octane, but at the time I ordered mine there was no set release date for the Octane and it was going to cost more than I wanted to spend up front. I was looking for new engines for the XL and came across the Dynamite .31 gas. If this turns out to be a good engine then that is the one I want. I don't like spending $30/gal on nitro fuel. :( There are also some .28-.32 Nitro engines I'm considering that make more power, or better punch, and all have better fuel economy over the Nitro Star K5.9.

What octane rating where you using? I've noticed the higher octane the better I run 102 octane and have run almost a gallon through with no issues

Wanted to know if anybody else is having issues with the new .31 dynamite engine. Not even sure it has been in any other vehicles hoping for some moral support really!

I purchased the Losi XXL 2 about 5 months ago engine seized. Sent it in under warranty to horizon hobby. Took a month to get an answer, when I did they said it was a problem with the connecting rod and sent me a new engine. That was awesome even though I only had the truck for 4 tanks of gas. After I got the new engine ran it for about five minutes it ran crappy took the plug out and found that the button head ( Gap setter for the plug) had fell into the crank case. Well knowing the that they were going to be another month of getting back to me I took it upon myself to take the engine apart clean out the crank case and put in another Button head. Ran for about 3 laps or so of figure 8s (annoying break in) and the engine seized again. I took off the starter block and the crank bearing to connecting rod had been chewed up and spit out.

Wanted to know is anybody else having problems. I cannot get a response from Horizon hobby about 2 weeks ago when the button head fell out they asked what I was mixing. I then knew I could not rely on them to get me good resource information about the engine so here I am. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

After very careful break in procedure as requested by Losi and running on about tank #20 the motor seized. Disapointed I am because I like alot about this trucks looks, handling, etc.and was getting used to is minor warm up and tuning challenges. I found a very fine line in tuning the engine to where is was running at its best performance and keeping the temp down to a safe running point. A little on the rich side but I was okay with that because it still had giddie up. Anyway before I start this journey with Horizon, how did the the warranty procedure work out? Anything you think I should know, did you send the whole truck, just engine, was it disassembled etc. I understand we are all busy people in this world of hurry so any amount of time spent would be greatly appreciated.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks