MA1N5T Smartech Traveller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MA1N5T

I pretty much just finished my MCD build.....and I just can't get enough of this 1:5 thing....So I got a second hand traveller to muck around with.

She looks fairly ran down at the moment...I really need to rebuild the donk on her but I'll just use it until it dies and may get one of those 30.5cc kits later on.

trav2x.jpg

travq.jpg

travellerleft.jpg

travellerright.jpg

travellertop.jpg

Nice find.
I found that if you strip out the electronics and take out the motor. Than hose the car down and shoot some de-greaser on it, it cleans up beautifully. You might want to spray the de-greaser on one part of the car at a time and work the grooves with an old toothbrush. Don't leave it on concentrated on aluminum too loon as it will start to mar it a bit. At the end if you got an air compressor, spray the thing down and WD40 will make it look like new.
If you want to give the motor a nice cleaning as well, do the same thing and you can plug the carb with a wine bottle cork. LOL.. (i found this trick useful the other day)

Chris

Thanks for the cleaning tips zous :)

Here are some more progress.

Cleaned the motor up a bit.

strippedtraveller.jpg

Installed Alloys:

1.) Engine mounts

2.) Diff carriers

3.) Main gear plate

Also rebuilt diff...packed it full of grease...and sealed housing with silicon sealant.

Added some metal gears....alloy gear holder.

alloyparts.jpg

Installed rubber sealed bearing all over.

bearingtrav.jpg

New Duratrax monster sideplates.

sideguardstrav.jpg

Some Vinyl stickers on the shell.

travtop.jpg

This car will be more on road use I think....There is not much suspension travel for real hard abuse.
Plus the tires suits it which is not real grippy on dirt but is not bad on road.

Roll cage extension.

Got some time today to make extend the stock cage to the front today. Using white nylon rods.

I also protected the sparkplug by having bars north to south rather than east to west.....

hopefully preventing leverage stress on the joints during forward impacts.

26092009719.jpg

26092009720.jpg

26092009718.jpg

26092009717.jpg

26092009716.jpg

Very cool

+ 1 on those roll bar extensions. Did you bend the plastic yourself? If so you did a great job.

Chris

The material is white nylon 6 ....12mm diameter solid rods.....Truly bomb proof stuff.....I will be making the rollcage extension kits for these buggies....as well as bumper/skidplates.

The skidplates, front and rear will be from HDPE High Density Polyethyline plastic....6mm thick.

Color can be black or white.

Here is a video of my cages I make for the 1/8 nitro HPI savage monster trucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=695mZUHSYF8

This material is the same as DUPONTS Delrin.....Abrasion resistant, will not rust or corrode and has amazing strength and memory. No metal will match it for such an application.

The material is white nylon 6 ....12mm diameter solid rods.....Truly bomb proof stuff.....I will be making the rollcage extension kits for these buggies....as well as bumper/skidplates.

The skidplates, front and rear will be from HDPE High Density Polyethyline plastic....6mm thick.

Color can be black or white.

Here is a video of my cages I make for the 1/8 nitro HPI savage monster trucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=695mZUHSYF8

This material is the same as DUPONTS Delrin.....Abrasion resistant, will not rust or corrode and has amazing strength and memory. No metal will match it for such an application.
cool vid :cool2:looks like it can take some proper abuse :clown: what about the flex side of things that why a lot go for the alloy or steel option!

The material has enough flex to absorb impact, yet rigid enough to hold weight on top but not transfer shock to the other vital components of the vehicle because of it's flexibility unlike metal.

fotoagil80withweght.jpg

Check out the video link below of a customer from South Africa standing on top of his brothers savage.

WEIGHT ON TOP

A balance between hardness and flexibility makes this material unlike any other.

MA1N5T FLEXWARES......is somewhere between HARDWARES and SOFTWARES.

Last edited:
That's awsome ..I say definitely do them in black if you have a choice.. It looks more stealthy IMO!!

Are you planning on selling these eventually? Looks like you might have a good market for yourself

Chris

Yeah man.............I've sold near 100 roll cages for the HPI savage all over the world.

I will be selling these kits as well.

Here are some that sent me back images of their set up.

suprglde1.jpg

savage5tsfront.jpg

nathanschultzxl.jpg

jasongreenwood.jpg

agil801.jpg

Sunday Gives me a little bit of time for productivity.

X-B0N3 BUMPER for 1:5 BUGGIES (FRONT)

bumpercloseup.jpg

bumpertop.jpg

bumperleft.jpg

bumperright.jpg
[/URL]

The Monster truck X-B0N3 next to the BUGGY X-B0N3.....

These are the MA1N5T FLEXWARES bumpers/skidplates

travmcd.jpg

Cool bumpers.

I have an MCD RR that i am converting into the trophy truck and will need a front bumper. Do you think that one you have on your MCD MT would fit? Also, can you make it in black?

Chris

I love the idea of the roll cage. Would be nice if it were not bolted through the stock one. That will be the weak point. As you know the FH Buggy is weak in the front due to not having the piece you made. Many have made their own but I like yours the best. Do you think you will have a complete roll cage kit for the FH Buggy? Will you also have some buympers?
As you can tell I have the buggy and the body is like yours....
Nice job! Thumbs up.

The REAR end looked a bit EMPTY and needed some protective flexwares as well so this is what I came up with.

rearxbone.jpg

travrearx.jpg

rightrearj.jpg

leftrearb.jpg

rearendandmcd.jpg

I was going to leave it plain white......But it just would not be dressed proper, without the M-15 T pattern.

travleftfinished.jpg

travrightfinished.jpg

Nylon or Delrin is an impact, and abrasion resistance material ....Perfect for RC roll cage applications.

I already make and sell my cages for the HPI savage monster trucks.

Currently I am designing one for my MCD after ripping up my $120.00 lexan body shell with one roll on GRASS....I will no longer fork out for shells.

The whole cage can be fabricated, both for buggies and monster trucks of any RC brand.

HPI baja will be coming soon.

Click on the link to see my MCD thread below:

MA1N5T MCD BUILD thread

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks