Mad Gear 1/5th scale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markymark1

This looks like a 1/8th scale with a 1/5th scale body. Thinking about buying it for shits and giggles, plus it would be nice to have something for my girlfriend to drive.

Obviously the quality on it isnt going to be great but i think the motor, esc and the batterys are worth the price. even thought the batterys are 3300mah.

whats your guys' opinion?

Many of the 'cheaper options' are cheap for a reason - they don't sell, or have a bad name.
Might be that they break too easily.
Might be that there's no support.

Many of the cheap largescale options can accept 'quality' parts.
KM Bajas can use the same parts that the HPI Bajas, for example.

Whatever you do, enjoy!!
Al.

yea, i think its a good starter rc, its not super fast, so i think it would be a good learner rc for my girlfriend. maybe if she gets good with that one, ill hand my radio for my 5T... fat chance:lol:

The electronics are very good, but the plastics are meh'....Spares are in stock at redcatracing.com under the XBE family (popular seller for them). The alloy chassis isn't the toughest ever, but as a lightweight 5th. scale it doesn't have to be. The parts are 1/8 scale sourced, but are inexpensive and fairly common to find. I don't think your girlfriend would be disappointed with it, only when really airing it out on jumps will you find the weak links: hubs, body mounts and the occasional shock tower. That is what I broke as an 8th. scale Aftershock 8E that I owned.....Worth the cheap price.

It's a Turnigy Trailblazer XB/Redcat Shredder XB with a short course truck body. I've owned them. They're good, electric, brushless, and you can parts from HobbyKing and Redcat. If you get the Trailblazer SC (Short Course) or XT (Truggy), it's the same vehicle with a different body.

My vids of it:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks