Make your own bleeder caps on a budget

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin.
Community Leader
Something I've seen 3-4 companies making, bleeder caps. In this video Phatdad show you how you can make your own.

Last edited:
Absolutely wonderful. Thank you PD's for the tutorial. So simple yet so effective! I would think if someone has an issue with starting the drill bit you could use your soldering gun to make a small dimple in the plastic?

I have had a few of these on a few of my KYOSHO'S but whats the point?
I mean if you bleed the shocks correctly there should be NO air in them,or am I missing something?
J:rolleyes:

There's no compensation bladder in the shock cap of the bajas. Without some sort of "rezzie" there WILL BE air inside shock. The bleeder caps whether homemade or store bought allow you to have as little air in the shock as possible.

Sent from da lower level iPhone using wanna Tapdatshit

Couple Questions

What size drill bit is used? 2mm?
Is there a reason the 2.6mm Kyosho screws are used or do you think another size will work as long as its a bit bigger then the drill bit?
I'm thinking of using a grub screw instead so, it will sit flush.
The Hole Thing comes in Metric and standard. I take it its the metric one that is used in the video?

This would be a great PhatDads do it yourself kit!! :D

Plus, for the life of me I cannot find anyone that has those screws....:mad:

I didnt follow those directions at all. But I did watch the video and got the idea out of it.

I used my power drill, one of my small drill bits (no idea what size, it just looked right), drilled as said, take your time.

find any screw the right size bigger then the hole you drilled, and follow the rest of the directions.

Not sure of the grub would work, it might eventually leak past the threads, but I doubt it. I just in my head see the caphead as help it in sealing.

The screws i ended up using were in my big box of random r/c crap. So they could of been from anything? Im guessing one of the losi mini's as they were pretty small screws.

If you don't want to cough up the money for that hand drill thing like i didnt, simply because i would never use it for anything else, just chuck up a bit in your drill.

go real slow though, go to far one way or the other and the shock cap is useless.

we gotta remember, this isnt rocketry, all its doing is creating a 90 degree passage through the cap. don't go hogging it with a huge bit in your drill press and you'll be set.

I do like bajas on a budget, but I prefer bajas on crap i have laying around the garage.

Last edited:
I do like bajas on a budget, but I prefer bajas on crap i have laying around the garage.

Absolutely brilliant!! :devil:

Thank you, I was looking at all of what you said but was shy of over looking something. I called all the LHS's in my area. None of them carry the parts and ebay sucks for them too. I will be digging into my crap load of screws and finding something that will work...
I think the seal is made by the metal to plastic so I will try the grub 1st and let you know if it works.:)

I find this after I buy the TFE bleeder caps...LOL!! I can't complian for I like the mounts better then the stock ones. Thanks for the info, I'll use them on my backup shock set!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks