marder 26cc VW Toureg shell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceejay21

Hi just joined the forum so that i could post this on here.
So here is my FG marder, it has a 26cc engine, K'n'N Air filter and a VW toureg shell and undertray . Thats about it really.
haven't used it myself as its not really practical for me so it has to go:crying: i know it will be fast though with the 26cc engine.
was gonna get the 29cc big bore kit for it but it never happened
thought i better post before its sold.

Forgot to add it has truck slicks on it. hitec high torque throttle servo and high torque steering servos :)

here are some pics :)
73413_1651505015479_1472636726_31707960_4783966_n.jpg

73252_1651347691546_1472636726_31707518_2242387_n.jpg

68860_1651348971578_1472636726_31707520_7443214_n.jpg

36041_1646057359291_1472636726_31695164_8046923_n.jpg

securedownload.jpg

Enjoy

welcome mate love the vw tourag looks good and meaty with the slicks fitted i wanted to change my marder to this shell but went for the beetle instead

CJ, welcome to LSF.
Love the Touareg look, particularly with the slicks, 'though it may mean you're limited in the terrain, only on-road, and no Paris-Dakar madness !!

Al.

i do have some PMT tires on original marder wheels for rough terrain :cool:

It looks cool :cool: You need 50 posts and 3 months service to sell on here bud but if you get stuck in with the banter you will soon rack them up :D

It looks cool :cool: You need 50 posts and 3 months service to sell on here bud but if you get stuck in with the banter you will soon rack them up :D
i realized that when i registered but i have it on other forums for the moment. ;)

Last edited:
Pajero

that body and undertray is as old as the hills:lol:

doubt if you would find an undertray that was not split :(

this is available though and no undertray needed;)

http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/products/fg_6214-6214-body-shell-pajero-1pce-.html

and there is also a jeep body

http://www.fg-modellsport.de/FG-Int...monster_e/monster-layout_e/Jeep-layout_e.html

K....

Hi Trebor,

Thanks for this.

I like the Toureg as an alternative to the Pajero.
I am aware of the rc-online site, and very good it is.

I am desperate to get a full Pajero body set, although, as you say, it is as old as the hills.

My Marder is 1999 vintage ! and I am many, many years older than that.

I have always wanted to have a Pajero for a project I have had in mind for ages.

The good news is that rc-online have two of the three body pieces, but they do not have FG6215 the rear panel.

I have trawled the world for a rear panel, all to no avail, so far !

I am even considering modelling a rear from balsa !

I have also written directly to FG regarding the existence of the original moulds and they confirm they should still exist. I haven't asked them to locate them although I have requested details of their minimum production run.

When I receive their answer I'll be back in this forum enquiring how many other people may require replacement shells.

These Pajero are old, and they are rare; but I haven't given up yet. :)

I bought my Marder in the US when I lived there in 1999. The airline did manage to smash it when on-route to England. However, no matter how hard I have treated it, nothing has broken (yet) or worn out (yet).

The shell and wing bear the marks of many exiting somersaults and rolls, but she stills provides so much fun.

I use a local purpose-made BMX track, but as soon as the kids arrive I have to shut her down. safety first and all that !

Again, thanks to you for your help and interest. Best regards Rojie

Hi Trebor,

Thanks for this.

I like the Toureg as an alternative to the Pajero.
I am aware of the rc-online site, and very good it is.

I am desperate to get a full Pajero body set, although, as you say, it is as old as the hills.

My Marder is 1999 vintage ! and I am many, many years older than that.

I have always wanted to have a Pajero for a project I have had in mind for ages.

The good news is that rc-online have two of the three body pieces, but they do not have FG6215 the rear panel.

I have trawled the world for a rear panel, all to no avail, so far !

I am even considering modelling a rear from balsa !

I have also written directly to FG regarding the existence of the original moulds and they confirm they should still exist. I haven't asked them to locate them although I have requested details of their minimum production run.

When I receive their answer I'll be back in this forum enquiring how many other people may require replacement shells.

These Pajero are old, and they are rare; but I haven't given up yet. :)

I bought my Marder in the US when I lived there in 1999. The airline did manage to smash it when on-route to England. However, no matter how hard I have treated it, nothing has broken (yet) or worn out (yet).

The shell and wing bear the marks of many exiting somersaults and rolls, but she stills provides so much fun.

I use a local purpose-made BMX track, but as soon as the kids arrive I have to shut her down. safety first and all that !

Again, thanks to you for your help and interest. Best regards Rojie

Theres a bloke selling a Pajero RTR on MSUK..looks in good nick too .
J

Hi,

I have signed-up fro MSUK. Plenty to read !

I can't find the Pajero you mention.

Did find a Tamiya, but I am after an FG (maybe I was as clear as I should have been, sorry.

Also found a full scale for sale !

Can you offer a newcomer to MSUK an insight in how to find the Pajero you refer to, PLEASE.

Thanks for you interest and help.

Best regards Rojie

Sweet,lets see some pics and vids hey;)

J

Hi. It's a bit early for photos and vids !

There are photos of it around, I'll try and get some on here.

It needs some work !

Front suspension seems to have been made from several cars ! Wishbone shafts are 5 mm longer than they should be. C clips are missing. cheap to fix.

Haven't even looked at rear-end yet, or tried to run the car, but will rebuild as necessary. Both front and rear ride heights have been altered (with spring spacers) so I know both ends will need some un-tweaking work.

Body undertray has been trimmed too, but should be OK.

Has a tuned pipe (wrong one!, from a sportsline car ?) that directs hot exhaust gases onto paint inside shell !!!. Not good. Damage is, fortunately, quite limited and I am hoping can be repaired / touched-up quite seamlessly.

Body itself quite good too, and paint is good. needs touching-up rather than a full strip and re-paint.

I will not be working on it until New Year so other surprises may still be lurking.

Even so, I am real pleased to be joining the Pajero Club.

I will add some photos early in the New Year. Far too early for Vids.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all who read this.

May Santa bring you the parts you need, and maybe some you want !

Best wishes Rojie

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks