Marder / Baja 4wd Conversion Kit or MT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarfy

Has anyone fitted 1 of these kits to a baja or marder? They seem expensive at £280 new but is the extra performance worth the premium?

I know I could sell my marder & put some money towards it for something else but I know its history and its mint condition IMO!! My other option is to change it to an MT or stadium truck. Just toying with ideas at the minute......what do you think? Obviously the 4wd kit would be easier to hide from the wife :lol::lol:

your thinking what I have been thinking....sell 1 and upgrade to 4wd

the 4wd's are a tad slower in straight line as they use more power than the 2wd's but easily make up for it in the handling.... they should also be able to handle more power...

Alot is down to driving styles and preference's

of the 14 cars I have ever owned only the FG and 3 other have been 2wd.
I do prefer 4wd but I'm having a blast again with the FG

the kits do seem expensive but there is alot in the kit too..
FG_4x4_Baja_Kit_detailed_pic_.jpg

Last edited:
Also in my thinking is that with the new chassis & parts in the 4wd kit, I would be able to use my spare 23cc zen and box of bits to make another 2wd marder for ebay so could make it a free 4wd conversion!! I like it even more now :w00t:

i recently converted my 2wd beetle to the 4wd conversion. The build quality was excellent and so far the performance has been impressive. Like mentioned above you lose alittle top end but the handling of the vehicle is greatly improved. I'm running a Zen 28.5 with a Jetpro pipe and that combo pushes it around with no problem...the only drawback to the whole thing is the price.

You've got a tidy buggy that you know back to front, a conversion is one idea but how about looking at buying a complete 4wd marder/baja/leopard 4 so you know everything is 100% and you'll have the best of both worlds then.

You've got a tidy buggy that you know back to front, a conversion is one idea but how about looking at buying a complete 4wd marder/baja/leopard 4 so you know everything is 100% and you'll have the best of both worlds then.

Ive already got 2 Mike - a mint marder and a now mint beetle rebuilt back to std (ish) from a cheap shed of a marder I picked up!! Both are 2wd tho hence the conversion idea which would allow me to keep the cars I know are reliable but have 1 in 4wd guise. Thats my theory!!

hi

Ive already got 2 Mike - a mint marder and a now mint beetle rebuilt back to std (ish) from a cheap shed of a marder I picked up!! Both are 2wd tho hence the conversion idea which would allow me to keep the cars I know are reliable but have 1 in 4wd guise. Thats my theory!!

hi, ive had 3x 2wd marders and took my new 4wd marder out for the first time yesterday, the main difference i feel is you don't get as much understeer when throttling and turning at the same time plus i got it drifting a bit aswell which the 2wd don't do, but i am still running in so not been able to give it 100% throttle, but would definately recommend 4wd.;)

fg still not managed to make a decent standard brake tho;)

Last edited:
hi, ive had 3x 2wd marders and took my new 4wd marder out for the first time yesterday, the main difference i feel is you don't get as much understeer when throttling and turning at the same time plus i got it drifting a bit aswell which the 2wd don't do, but i am still running in so not been able to give it 100% throttle, but would definately recommend 4wd.;)

fg still not managed to make a decent standard brake tho;)

The layshaft brake on my marder and leopard race was great, they just need a decent and well set up servo.

Only 4 weeks to go to my birthday - everybody is getting me Rossmods vouchers or cash so 4wd kit will be mine very soon!! I will be a busy boy then building the 4wd up and building another 2wd with the spares.....that will make 3 then :lol::lol: Will have to tell the missus its 1 each for me and 2 youngest kids or she will be having me sell 1 :w00t:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks