marder carb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacman696

hi all

I've been trying to tune my engine,but when i adj the h jet for higher revs it stops and starts as if I'm tapping the throttle ,i have swapped the carb with my other marder and it does the same??

can anyone help

thanks Phil

The H screw adjusts the mixture from 1/3rd throttle to full throttle. The L screw adjusts the mixture at low rpm. The larger screw to the RH side of these adjusts the rpm for idle.

If you have opened (turned anti clockwise as if unscrewing) the H screw you will have leaned out the mixture too much and you will lean seize the engine if you are not careful. I would suggest going back to stock settings and starting again before something blows particularly in the cold weather (needs to run richer than in summertime!).

Screw the H & L screws in (clockwise) until they stop. Do not force them. Then unscrew the L screw 1 & 1/4 turns and the H screw 1 & 3/8 turns. This is factory settings. It should start and run ok ish at this and you will be able to adjust the idle screw to get that somewhere near.

Follow the tuning guide for adjustments but just take your time and make 1/16th adjustments at a time otherwise you may miss the sweet spot!

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=2761

The H screw adjusts the mixture from 1/3rd throttle to full throttle. The L screw adjusts the mixture at low rpm. The larger screw to the RH side of these adjusts the rpm for idle.

If you have opened (turned anti clockwise as if unscrewing) the H screw you will have leaned out the mixture too much and you will lean seize the engine if you are not careful. I would suggest going back to stock settings and starting again before something blows particularly in the cold weather (needs to run richer than in summertime!).

Screw the H & L screws in (clockwise) until they stop. Do not force them. Then unscrew the L screw 1 & 1/4 turns and the H screw 1 & 3/8 turns. This is factory settings. It should start and run ok ish at this and you will be able to adjust the idle screw to get that somewhere near.

Follow the tuning guide for adjustments but just take your time and make 1/16th adjustments at a time otherwise you may miss the sweet spot!

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=2761

thanks mate,i will have another go it drives me mad lol.

i went to rosmod's the other week, i was thinking of going back so they could fix it,it's the best shop I've ever been in i spent a fortune

thanks

phil

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks