Marder front suspension and steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreadnought

Ok, today's issue is that the servo saver hits the rear bulkhead on the front suspension mount and there is a gap between the suspension arms and the mounts, can anyone please identify what's wrong, pictures included

Attachments

• 20200609_150305.jpg
    20200609_150305.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200609_150310.jpg
    20200609_150310.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200609_150314.jpg
    20200609_150314.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 15
I looked in the 2016 catalog and it's really close but not that close.
The only reasonable answer I have is that's not the right servo saver part or your chassis is bent slightly.
According to the catalog this is the part you need:
http://www.davesmotors.com/fg-06023-servo-saver-a-b.html

I don't know if that's what's installed or not, but it's cheap - $6.60
Or the front end of the chassis is tweaked slightly because in the picture I have its extremely close but with just enough clearance,barely.
Does the metal triangle shaped brace fit?.
That might actually be the problem,it might've taken hard hit at some point.
That is a weak point on those chassis.

Many thanks for this, a bent chassis never crossed my mind.

Now I've checked there is a 5° increase in bend than the other two chassis I have.

So I guess the next question, is there an accepted way to strengthen this area?

Ha a think and I'm guessing something along the lines of the monster beetle side panels that attach to the suspension points seems the most logical solution?

I aim to please!!.. When I feel like it anyway.?
DN,
Did you manage to fix it yet. A vice and some "gentle" persuasion should do the trick. It's not A lot you need to get spacing back within specs. Just be sure to distribute pressure evenly,you don't want it twisted with one side touching the ground and the other up in the air.?

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks