Marder Set Up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarfy

Found this thread whilst trawling thru the archives. SB Racing on post 4 gives what seems like a good setup & shock oil advice for a starting point anyway. Im gonna set mine up to that this weekend and hopefully get out to give it a run before Christmas if the weather is kind :rolleyes:

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=190

Can anyone else add to this for a basic setup?
What tyres are we running? I have the standard spikes which are like new at the moment & I blame these for digging in and causing roll overs! Anyone using different tread patterns?

I have found the same problem with marder tires, I fixed this problem by mounting my tires with the wedges or cups in the tread on the inside rather then the outside. Or rather then all that work again I would cut or trim that portion of the tread away. I also now lowered the frt of the buggy so it pretty much requires forward movement of the r/c car to pull the frt up.

PBJT

I have found the same problem with marder tires, I fixed this problem by mounting my tires with the wedges or cups in the tread on the inside rather then the outside. Or rather then all that work again I would cut or trim that portion of the tread away. I also now lowered the frt of the buggy so it pretty much requires forward movement of the r/c car to pull the frt up.

PBJT

I have the wedges on the inside but it doesn't seem to make much difference :lol: I added a front anti roll bar & that improved it 100% but it still needs more. I might try lowering the front as you have & see how that goes.

i run hpi oil in my shocks 25wt front 35wt rear in 20mm fg shocks with alloy piston mod also running antirol bars fr and rear much better than without them but does still suffer grip roll now and again its using fg tyres im thinking of cutting the vees off them its also still on stock springs which i may change for balloon springs next its not so bad in wet conditions but when dry it grip rolls only if you try flatout turning

i run hpi oil in my shocks 25wt front 35wt rear in 20mm fg shocks with alloy piston mod also running antirol bars fr and rear much better than without them but does still suffer grip roll now and again its using fg tyres im thinking of cutting the vees off them its also still on stock springs which i may change for balloon springs next its not so bad in wet conditions but when dry it grip rolls only if you try flatout turning

I got the balloon springs on the back on advice of rossendale models. They reckon there is no benefit to be had putting them on the front. They also recommended FG2000wt oil for the standard shocks but I haven't had time to do it yet :rolleyes: Im sure there was a 'how to' somewhere for refilling shocks??? I not done em before!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks