Maxima Castor 927 Pro Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xound5OH

Hey guys,

I have a Zenoah G290 motor that I have been using Klotz RC Synthetic oil with. I ordered the Maxima Castor 927 Pro oil. What's everyones opinion on it? I have heard alot of good things about it, but the only part I am considered about is that it can leave carbon build up over time. I don't really want to have to take the motor apart to clean the internals to be honest. I just want to fill it up and drive it!!

Hey guys,

I have a Zenoah G290 motor that I have been using Klotz RC Synthetic oil with. I ordered the Maxima Castor 927 Pro oil. What's everyones opinion on it? I have heard alot of good things about it, but the only part I am considered about is that it can leave carbon build up over time. I don't really want to have to take the motor apart to clean the internals to be honest. I just want to fill it up and drive it!!
I'd stick with the Klotz for the build up reason, no reason to change IMO

I have been running 1/5 scale from 2010 & only use Castor 927 oil. Been very pleased with it at 28-1. If you had good experience with Klotz, I would stick with what you know works. The reason I started using Castor 972, when we got into 1/5 scales is because that is what OBR recommends for there engines so that is what we been using & I can get it at any motorcycle shop.

**Picture taken off of OBR website**. Ive used castor 927for both engine break-in and racing out here in the hot Arizona weather. Never had a problem with it or any of my engines. Back when I rode 2 stroke Motorcross I used this oil in my CR250 with no problems. Deff a high quality oil. The stuff smells amazing too. Best smelling 2 stroke oil out there IMO.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190419-020511.jpg
    Screenshot_20190419-020511.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 32
A buddy of mine switched from Klotz to Yamalube and was dealing with fauled plugs for several tanks due to build up from the Klotz. Yamalube is also recommended by O'neill brothers. I have been usimg Castor 927 for years and have no issues with myengimes and abnormal carbon build up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks