Maybe I'm just being a crank.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnubisBC

The Professor ?‍?
Build Thread Contributor
So I kept referring to the OBR break in video on youtube while running in my reed case, and I came across this gem of a comment a couple days ago:

So I checked his profile, and see him running his car in a 5' circle in his yard at low throttle, yes, seriously. First of all, he's trying to school a company on tuning who's been producing championship motors for over a decade. Second, he's trying to give driving/setup tips to someone running a clearly off-road car on pavement and third he's claiming to use an absolute bullshit piece of tech with his "throttle position sensing 'sliding pipe'"

Of course, (you know me...), I couldn't hold my tongue on this.

I know I'm a damn crank, but seriously , am I completely insane, or is this guy just full of it?

Last edited:
C
So I kept referring to the OBR break in video
on youtube while running in my reed case, and I came across this gem of a comment a couple days ago:

View attachment 53959

So I checked his profile, and see him running his car in a 5' circle in his yard at low throttle, yes, seriously. First of all, he's trying to school a company on tuning who's been producing championship motors for over a decade. Second, he's trying to give driving/setup tips to someone running a clearly an off-road car on pavement and third he's claiming to use an absolute bullshit piece of tech with his "throttle position sensing 'sliding pipe'"

Of course, (you know me...), I couldn't hold my tongue on this.

I know I'm a damn crank, but seriously , am I completely insane, or is this guy just full of it?
complete and utter dumbass ??????? wtf is a sliding pipe gunnna do ??? Pipe tuning changes the powerband not the fuel air mixture (well to a degree it does but you can't tune fuel/air like that as far as I know) that's why you need the carb jets. Hate ignorants who try and school knowledgeable people for whatever reason ?

Last edited:
Honda had power valves and so did Suzuki and Kawasaki. Each one had a different layout but had same results. High timed engines but would close roof of exhaust port down some to give you bottom end.
Kawasaki, Honda and Suzuki all had a power valve arraignment on the small engines. Each one had a different layout but all would lower the roof of the exhaust port and some had windows on the sides of the exhaust for more low end and than raise for high exhaust port for top end power. Laydown drag boats use a sliding exhaust on them that is usually controlled by the driver with his foot.

Almost all of the 2-stroke models of off road(few on road)bikes for the past 30+ years have used some sort of power valve system in their motors, changing the exhaust port configuration and power delivery (power band) as the rpm increases or decreases. Some advanced by centrifugal advancers some electronically, some you are able to change/adjust, changing the characteristics of the motor, milder/wilder. Current models from Yamaha, Kawasaki, KTM, Husqvarna, GasGas, TM, Beta etc. continue to use them. they are lubricated by the 2-stroke oil mix and only real problem that ever seems to occur is from lack of maintenance- cleaning or if run overly rich- poor jetting-carbon build up.
I have been riding and dealing with them for over 30 years, never really had much of a problem with them.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks