MCD 4x4 MONSTER TRUCK ...steering issue...I know I'm crazy...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an MCD monster truck I listed for sale on here, but not desperate to sell it and since it carries a high price tag it may be with me forever....lol.

My question is about the steering stop issue. I don't have the limiters mentioned on this forum (I guess they are available from anyone that stocks MCD parts?), so I might try some fuel tubing and see if that works.

But really, wouldnt a more permanent fix to the problem be cutting out a crescent shaped portion of the edge of the chassis where the tires hit? I know there is a servo support there, but it would take maybe half an hour to make a new servo support inboard just a bit, and I'm not talking about taking a huge chunk out of the chassis.....just enough for clearance.

I have a good bit of physics background and don't see any problem I'd be creating.....the chassis should not be weakened.

Drive dogs and cups are the only concerns I'd have.

Any thoughts???

I don't see where that would be a problem. If you would like to keep maximum steering, I would say this is the best way to do that. If you complete this post us some before & after shots, so we can all see how it looks.
Thanks

Thats great....I'd love to get one of the Baja 1000's. I'm fairly new to the 1/5 and 1/6 scale trucks and buggies, but have been around giant scale aircraft a long time and also am fairly mechanicly inclined. So far its a lot of fun! Thanks for your input on my question.

Aron

No problem Aron. I hope it all works out. Like I said, please post some photos of it after the modification. I have seen this question before & it could possibly help someone else with a similar problem.

Thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks