mcd blueline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j4k3

im unsure if this is the right section but i have just bought a mcd blueline
was just wondering what peoples views are on them and if anyone has any pics of theres?

cheers jake

Do you have the version V1 that runs alloy shock towers and the three piece lower suspension arm or the V2 that runs plastic shock towers and uses the later V2/V3 suspension arms?

Overall, a decent car. You can essentially use most updates through V3 without an issue, and some V4 parts will still fit the car. The original straight cut differentials are a bit of a pain in therms of reliability, but you can run them pretty trouble free if they're shimmed well. Helical gears as an upgrade would put you into about half the cost of a new Sportline car or buggy.

I'd run the car into the ground. King Cobra in the UK should stock all the parts you need to keep it running for years. My only suggestion would be to get rid of the front CVD's if the car has them and go to a dogbone setup.

V1. Watch the differentials, but you should be able to have a lot of fun with this car. I'd strip the darker 2nd body shell with some brake fluid and start with a fresh paint scheme. I love the Gen1 Impreza body myself. Measure your wheelbase. Most FG bodies are 535mm wheelbase, I believe you have a 515mm wheelbase car there. Also, FG wheels have a wider offset than MCD, you might have a little more wheel arch than the stock body.

Just saw the Ford Focus. That is a 535mm MCD body. width is correct, but the wheelbase likely isn't since the Blueline I have on the shelf at home is 515mm.

J4.... i think you will need to cut your losses, and sell the blue line on :(

spares for this, i think are a thing of the past........

the straight cut diffs will probably be shot as they are a weak point

the fg wheels have the square drive, but wont fit straight off

rossendale models are the ones to contact as they are the retail shop

for king cobra...............

check out this link ....seems a good price and straight upto date with lots

of expensive upgrades already fitted

http://www.mcdrc.com/forum/index.php?topic=2821.msg23142;boardseen#new

K....

cheers for that but guna keep it as i wont eb using it seriously at the track just somethign for a bit of fun

i can see where your coming from tho

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks