MCD monster of FG monster??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayfrs

Hi guys,

This is my first post so hello to everyone! I have been in to anything RC over the years had many cars leccy,nitro and petrol and am really in to rc helicopters more than anything but i would like a car again.

I have only ever had FG cars before and i am thinking about taking the plunge and getting a MCD, I just want to know out of the FG and the MCD monster which one is better,i intend to do some light bashing with it ect.

I don't want to start a war i just would like some opinions please guys

many thanks in advance

i have both :D

of the 2, mcd is the weakest for jumping:(

cost an arm and a leg to keep up the spec,where as FG's are cheap to run

depending on your location for spares

can you please enter your location in your user CP

K....

I am from the uk are the MCD as strong as the FG from standard?

i think you are leaning towards the MCD:lol:

the MCD's are more technical and slightly bigger than the FG

they are strong as long as you do not abuse them:D

to bomb proof them,i have used the LSD's on my M/T

the LSD's are standard in my two V3 Ultimates

the latest MCD's have loads of alloy hop ups

MCDmonstertruck001.jpg

K....

don't listen to keith mate the lsd diff's hes using cost as much as a fg monster truck his wallets huge

and trebors idea of bomb proof is straping it to his shelf in case it rolls off thats the only way his cars get damaged hes a shelf queen whore lol

Keith, just an observation, but there's still 'flashing' on the tread blocks!!
That truck's at least 4 years old I reckon ...... and probably in 'better than new' condition everywhere!!

I wore off the flashing within the first 3 outings on my FG with MCD tyres!!
Al.

Seen this on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290805355179?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619 I am out of touch with Rc car prices is this alittle expensive or bang on?

Many thanks

seen this before on ebay.....same model as my M/T

the alloy is not MCD but KCR,as is the double pipe(X Can type) and over

priced when new:D

its a little over priced in my opinion but has digi 4's

you could buy a new V4 M/T less radio and servos for that sort of money;)

K....

Thanks for the heads up! Wht engine and pipe is good for the MCD monster? I like speed I understand as its a big lump it's not goin to be rapid but still want some speed and toque

I agree with trebor its a lot of money but you also have to look at the spec and engine aside[not a fan of the billet head engines]its got every upgrade other than a tuned pipe you will ever need and it looks like it can take some good abuse were a stock one will break parts and if you have to add upgrades its going to start costing mega money

I think it's important to say that the cars in question are a million miles apart and should be taken on their own merit.

First question should be, do you want 2wd or 4wd.

I have had 2wd petrol and 4wd nitro, is there much diffence my FG 2wd used to perform well for what I wanted for!

BIG difference between the 2 and 4 wheel drive :p

MCD only do the 4 wheel drive .....no spin outs like with 2 wheel drive

FG 4 wheel drive belt driven........MCD 4 wheel drive shaft driven

K....

as others have said dude, the MCD parts are not cheap (imo they are way overpriced) compared to the likes of FG for both stock & alloy parts. Why i don't know, if MCD didnt charge so much for parts im pretty sure they would have alot people owning them!?

Ive never owned an MCD so i cant comment on how reliable/strong they are, but ive owned an FG for over 7-8 years now, from stock the FG does need a few hop-ups to make it bashable, about £70-80 will get you most the parts needed to go out & bash. The FG is also a very simple design which works & easy to work on. but as with ANY RC, eventually parts will break & will need replacing with either stock or alloy, which ever you go for, im sure you be happy as they are both well made :)

but imo, if money is an issue, i would think carefully before purchasing an MCD! As a heads up, try typing in MCD parts into ebay & see what comes up, then do the same for FG Parts & you will have an idea what i mean :s

btw im not slating MCD, they are good RC's from what ive read, but always consider when buying anything RC how easy it is to get spares but most of all how much they cost compared to it's rivals!

:)

i think you are leaning towards the MCD:lol:

the MCD's are more technical and slightly bigger than the FG

they are strong as long as you do not abuse them:D

to bomb proof them,i have used the LSD's on my M/T

the LSD's are standard in my two V3 Ultimates

the latest MCD's have loads of alloy hop ups

MCDmonstertruck001.jpg

K....

I've just tested out the newly glued tyres on my FG MT - uses identical tyres to Keith's here.
After 2x 5-10 runs, the flashing's already gone!!
Absolutely no problems with the bonding.

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks