MCD MT and Hurrax Yukon...side-by-side

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't say that it is a "lot" bigger that's why I took shots from both ends and the side. The Yuckon runs reals good...waiting for NoyB's engine to sweeten up. My MCD is still fast as poop!!!

Both running very nicely.
See what you mean. Not much in it size-wise. Mainly the Hurrax having bigger wheels.
I use the same MCD MT tyres on my FG MT. They grip very well, but are a tad bouncy.
Al.

what do you think off the fg mt big foot wheels as i think there rubbish no grip what so ever could you reccommend the MCD wheels i need some new ones as my are so bad i can just about run my mt :( i normally run on grass.

I assume you mean the tyres.
I couldn't get the FG ones to grip at all, and actually ended up putting Kold Kutter studs in them!! They're superb on ice now!

The MCD tyres are no longer made, 'though might be if we ask them enough.

They say the new ones are much better made - probably are but they look nothing like an MT tyre and I certainly won't be putting any on mine.
A truck costing that much must both GO well and LOOK right.

If you can get them, do it. The MCD tyres are great. Quite good on tarmac and superb on grass and rougher stuff. Jury's out on putting inserts in or not. I've fitted FG inserts as I wanted to cushion the mounting - not pop the bead too easily - when I'm messing around with it.
Al.

I assume you mean the tyres.
I couldn't get the FG ones to grip at all, and actually ended up putting Kold Kutter studs in them!! They're superb on ice now!

The MCD tyres are no longer made, 'though might be if we ask them enough.

They say the new ones are much better made - probably are but they look nothing like an MT tyre and I certainly won't be putting any on mine.
A truck costing that much must both GO well and LOOK right.

If you can get them, do it. The MCD tyres are great. Quite good on tarmac and superb on grass and rougher stuff. Jury's out on putting inserts in or not. I've fitted FG inserts as I wanted to cushion the mounting - not pop the bead too easily - when I'm messing around with it.
Al.

yeh i mean the tyres im having the same problem is impossible to get grid on the big foot tyres on grass on tarmac there pretty good, ill just search around on ebay see if i find some, there is always spares/parts on there.

yeh i mean the tyres im having the same problem is impossible to get grid on the big foot tyres on grass on tarmac there pretty good, ill just search around on ebay see if i find some, there is always spares/parts on there.
ive seen the v4 mt tyres they don't look much like monster truck wheels and i bet there expensive im looking for something low cost atm i might sell the big foot tyres and get some better gripping ones.

ive seen the v4 mt tyres they don't look much like monster truck wheels and i bet there expensive im looking for something low cost atm i might sell the big foot tyres and get some better gripping ones.

hey:saddam:you may get 1clicktobid to sell em on ebay for ya;)

K....

i have a hurrax rs on order with the vrc pro pipe ;-]

not sure what engine to go with it though? either a 4-bolt ts or obr pro mod.

the 50cc is overkill but the microbzm 22.8cc looks interesting but theres no eta as of yet

hi veron

i just wondered what you thought of the Yukon rs compared to the MCD as you have been with both together

I have a 2wd Gf monster truck with a mmr pro mx 30,5 and DDm pipe but want something 4wd for more hills and roughter terrain!!!

Everyone warns of the Hurrex but i love it , just worried it will be dead slow due to size ...oh and fall apart!

What do you think for a terrain eating monster

Thanks

Ps are all the yukons rs models as cant find an rs edition for sale? and what to pay?

hi veron

i just wondered what you thought of the Yukon rs compared to the MCD as you have been with both together

I have a 2wd Gf monster truck with a mmr pro mx 30,5 and DDm pipe but want something 4wd for more hills and roughter terrain!!!

Everyone warns of the Hurrex but i love it , just worried it will be dead slow due to size ...oh and fall apart!

funny (whilst at the same time being a real annoyance) that some people are still warning of the hurrax without ever seeing one let alone driving one...yes the gen 1 from a couple of years ago had a few teething problems that weren't expected with an expensive car but things have moved a long way since then, the gen 2 rs editions are one of the most solid rc's available, durable, reliable, handle very well and pretty damn quick to boot.
I can say with no qualms that my pyrad has been the best car i've yet owned in all my years of rc...so good i decided to become a hurrax dealer and get one of the best rc's available today into the hands of people who want one.

Hi Mooman

Well I have ordered the Hurrax, Love the fact its bigger than the others and more original in design!

I agree it must be annoying that everyone judges Hurrax on the 1st models from a few years ago. nobody gets it right first tome around.

My Question about build against the MCD was purely as the thread starter has had first had experiance of the two together!

after being on all the forums its seems everyone loves the newer Hurrax range,and havnt read of any issues lately. I have been following your thread on the new Toxyc and im sure that will be my next project!, So you can be assured I have no negative views whatsoever on Hurrax .

I will be checking out your site Julian for all my spares etc ,and hopefully a toxyc soon.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks