mcd or what...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

chef678

i am new to rc 5th scale.do not have a truck let.i like the baja mcd 1000. but it is not big in ATL GA.so what to do.peolpe around here is saying get the hpi 5b.thats not for me help please.

If the MCD Baja 1000 is within your budget, I would get it if I were in your shoes. Great rig that is very impressive when it comes to handling, plus it is 4WD.

If it is not popular in your area, it will be when you bring it around.

The HPI is a nice option as well. Great support from the aftermarket, and a pretty tough ride to boot.

It comes down to what you want to spend and what you want most.
Don't spend your hard earned cash on what others tell you. What might be good for them, might not be good for you.

Get what you want most.

the 5b isnt for you? unfortanitly hpi has the best product support in the states. ther really isnt much else. the list of after markit parts is endlessfg's are in the same class as the mcd's, but again, everything is mail order. its par of the course. hpi 5b's are awsome rigs and are alot more fun then 4wheel drives. plus theres a big price diffrence. what kinda rig are you looking for and what are you going to use it for?

i agree with jquest. get what YOU want. you might think that 4 wheel drives are a blast! i its nice to have local product support, but you'll get use to mail order as well. i have both fg's and hpi's and i like them all equally. i alway get a kick out of the bashing video's when you see 5 plus hpi's and they all look the same.. boring.. my faverite rig is my on-road. not so many other interested parties, but out of all of them, its my faverite car. im actually selling my 5b to get another one.. bottom line is. get excactly what you want. plain and simple. shop around, don't spend more then you have to. save it for the upgrades!!

i am new to rc 5th scale.do not have a truck let.i like the baja mcd 1000. but it is not big in ATL GA.so what to do.peolpe around here is saying get the hpi 5b.thats not for me help please.

I tell you what, I have owned a hpi baja 5b and i currently have a mcd mt. They are both awesome viechles but they are on totally different spectrums both with price and the way they handle. I found out real quick that i'm not a baja 5b guy and i prefer the mcd line mostly because of how they handle, but then again when it comes to getting parts everything is mail order as with the baja 5b parts (especially hop-up parts) are more readily available. Basically its your choice, Either way you go, you won't go wrong. Good Luck!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks