MCD Pros And Cons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bk2basx

Hi everybody I would like to get a mcd rally I have always like the rally even since the hpi rs4 rally but it has been discontinued what is everybodies opinion on mcd have they been around for awhile do they have good customer support are parts easily accessable or do you have to order from over seas I guess in general are you rally owners satisfied.
Thanks
(Kansas)

I'm taking it you live in the states? If so contact Largescale RC, they are the ones that supply MCDs in the U.S. Talk to any one of the guys over there and they will set you up with a car and parts are readily available. I myself own 2 rally cars and am addicted to them. Heres aquick pic of mine.

shawnandtammypics2010032.jpg

I own a MCD Rally car and I really like it . My MCD has held up quite well and because it is 4 wheel drive I can run it on uprepared parking lot surfaces, it has get traction!!. My MCD is one of the best RC CARS I have ever owned.:)

Id say just go ahead and buy one, they are awesome cars, i bought mine 2 years ago from largescale rc, very good shop to deal with, i still get goose bumps when i run mine, its scary fast and hooks up on any surface and the drifting is out of this world.:w00t:

Never more

Answer to your questions are yes / no / no / yes and no

Just bought an EVO 3 Rally before the release of the X4 wich i knew before buying it, but i was expecting that a named company like MCD would keept support and parts lined-up for existing customers wich is completely wrong. Parts listing and manuals for EVO 2 and 3 completely disapeared from MCD web site and for the U.S. Supplier they are out of stock or B/O for numerous parts. When you are in the hobby and purchasing a radio control car of over 1500.00$ you must be respected by manufacturers
an threated like V.I.P's even more when the success of their business is based on such of an expensive product line like this.

Finally no answer to E-mails from MCD ETC...

HPI Baja 5T on-road Nascar modified (what a car, can do anything with this car) a real chameleon.

Last edited:
Superblackbird,

I also have two of the Evo3 series rally cars. The nice thing about them is that they've been cloned as the FS, Cen, and Imex cars. Some parts are still available such as arms, which I have a good stock of. I've collected a few bodies as well. King Cobra in the UK still has plenty of spares available, and some parts such as gears, can be modified over from the EVO 4 series. The rest of the car is so simple, that I figure if I break it, I'll make new parts myself, including suspension arms.

BTW, here is MCD's link to the older items and information:

http://www.old.mcdracing.com/cars.html

Last edited:
Superblackbird,

I also have two of the Evo3 series rally cars. The nice thing about them is that they've been cloned as the FS, Cen, and Imex cars. Some parts are still available such as arms, which I have a good stock of. I've collected a few bodies as well. King Cobra in the UK still has plenty of spares available, and some parts such as gears, can be modified over from the EVO 4 series. The rest of the car is so simple, that I figure if I break it, I'll make new parts myself, including suspension arms.

BTW, here is MCD's link to the older items and information:

http://www.old.mcdracing.com/cars.html

Hi,

don't get me wrong, i love my car but it's not normal that it is taking some devoted and passionated customers to give the support to others. When you are a company aspiring to be at the top level of their market you must be reassuring about the availability of parts and support to the owners of the older cars which is bringing loyalty and retention of your valued customers because at the end, you want new customers for your new line but also expecting old customers getting into it. If i have to buy some cheap copied parts because the OEM company is not making them anymore it is sure that it is not good for the long term longevity of that company.
Also, there is no link on the new web site to that old.mcdracing.com.

The X4 can be better in everything than the EVO 3 don't count on me to get one. It's nice but there is no...

Anyway, thank you for taking your time to answer and help me on this one.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks