MCD Rally any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrcbud

I'm looking into getting this car and was wondering its quality, drive ability, and parts support. So can anyone give me the good and the bad? Where is a good online place to get parts from, aside from Innovative Hobby Products, which is most likely where I'll buy mine, but I'm looking for somewhere that doesn't seem to have a lot a spares out of stock. Since this is a big initial investment for me I wanna be able to keep it going. Also will FG onroad tires fit this car? Thanks in advance for any help I can get :w00t:

Thanks Trebor. Out of curiosity, why wont other wheels work? are the hubs different? I really want one of these, but parts support is a big selling point. The site that you listed above, are they good about keeping stuff in stock? I've read a few threads about MCD, none where negative, but I've always gotten the impression that once something new comes out from MCD, they abandon the support for there older products. Just not trying to make an impulse buy here.

the FG tyres are smaller dia and the FG wheels are square drive

the new X4 have larger dia tyres and are hex drive :D

Oliver at modelismo is a good guy,lots of back up spares

and very fast delivery

i have 2 MCD evo3 ultimates and a older MCD M/T.....spares can be bought:D

but the support for older models aint as good as say FG,you can get parts

for a 15 year old marder but they have not changed much in that time

the X4 is new out so should be around for some time maybe in the

mk1/2/3/4/5:lol:

its true older models its more difficult to get the spares but thats

deveopment for you:(

K....

sounds good Trebor.

I plan on getting the upgraded version (the name escapes me at the moment) I guess I'm sold. Is there anything that needs to be done or upgraded to make the car work properly?

Realistically chosing between MCD and FG i would get the FG.I have come across people who have MCD and they wish they had got the FG instead.Re sale value on MCD is poor.

Realistically chosing between MCD and FG i would get the FG.I have come across people who have MCD and they wish they had got the FG instead.Re sale value on MCD is poor.

slip fill in your location on your user cp:rolleyes:

so which FG are you comparing the MCD X4 rally too:w00t:

K....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks