MCD vs FG Quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itlog

Is it me or the body shell of a fg is thicker and free of tiny imperfections such as bumps ,because i have just spent 6 days on and off masking and painting my baja 1000,only to find what i have mention.Also why are the non suspension bits on the mcd have that "made in China" look.The wing and mud guards that came with my baja are wrap! Compare to my fg, all of the plastics bits are free of imperfections.Do i whine over nothing?

The funny looking plastic you speak of is of excellent quality. I have seen just as many FG bodys with imperfections as MCD's. The FG plastics do have a very nice smooth finish on them. Looks wise maybe better, but quality wise, I don't think so. I'm not knocking either vehicle, because it's comparing 2wd to 4wd. I do know an MCD will out drive an FG because of the balance & 4X4 performance. With that said, take yours for a drive & let us know how it performs.

I understand what your saying itlog but as looker2756 said looks can be deceiving. I originally thought I was going to have issues as well but these things are remarkably durable.

Seriously, I only thing I have ever actually broke in 9 months was one of the pre-evo dish rims, couple of plastic rose joints and 1 bent roll bar

I agree with the 2 other posters. Except from the rosejoints that are no longer there on EVO3, and a couple of plastic shock-forks I haven't broken anything, and my car have been through some SERIOUS crashes.

My B 1000 Is One Tough Unit.plastics Are Very Sturdy And The Drivetrain Nearly Bulletproof,and I Have Run Mine In Very Harsh
Conditions Periodically For The Last 7 Months.shocks Are The Only
Letdown.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks