MCD Xross-max 190 mm rims / JConcepts Chasers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, anyone know if these MCD bead lock rims are compatible with the Losi style bead lock tires that are available?
I want to run a 190 mm tire on the RR5. I had a set of 190 D5 wheels and tires that fit that were bead lock’s but I couldn’t hold the tires to the rims on the track. The few laps I ran with them makes me want to go to the 190mm which is what everyone else is running. Anybody have some insight on these rims from MCD?IMG_1434.jpegIMG_1436.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey guys, anyone know if these MCD bead lock rims are compatible with the Losi style bead lock tires that are available?
I want to run a 190 mm tire on the RR5. I had a set of 190 D5 wheels and tires that fit that were bead lock’s but I couldn’t hold the tires to the rims on the track. The few laps I ran with them makes me want to go to the 190mm which is what everyone else is running. Anybody have some insight on these rims from MCD?View attachment 88239View attachment 88240
What are you running bead locks. I have dozens of hours with my mcd’s and haven’t had a single glued wheel blow out

I have no problem with my glued MCD tire/rim combo, but they are 180mm. I really want to try the 190mm in a heat race. The little bit of time I had with the 190’s before I lost the tire showed me there is something there I want to pursue from a setup point of view. As you know I’ve been struggling with my setup at this track, but I’m telling you there was a difference as how the buggy handled and jumped. I’ll be posting more about what I’m trying ‘ working on as far a setups to try at the East Coast Nationals. I just want to have more options to try so I can find what I’m looking for out of the buggy. I know the buggy can get there, it’s definitely a capable piece of machinery. I know I’m a good driver but tuning chassis was never my strong point. Years ago as a team member I had the other guys to help with setup, my thing was always the building/tuning of engines and clutch setups. Anyway, just need to find out if these MCD rims use the standard losi style bead lock design.

I know, they look like they do. I would think that when MCD made these they used the same configuration. You know I never even noticed they made these for the 190mm, they do have a lot of parts that are hiding in plane sight Lol

Well, looks like Maher doesn’t even know, but we’ll know when they get here Lol.
I’m surprised nobody has tried this proposed setup. Any one know if the losi buggy rims fit, well I know they fit but what’s going on with the setup?
losi buggy’s that use MCD rims I know run the extenders to get the geometry back but what about the other way around. Do the losi rims give the MCD a wider stance?

I agree with you 100% about the MCD 180 mm tire and rim combination 100% ! But I need to run the 190mm tire for a setup I want to pursue.When I ran those D5 190 rovan’s , just for a few laps until I lost the tire, the buggy was handling completely different in a positive manner and all that was changed was the tire height, basically the buggy was riding 10mm higher without changing anything else on the setup.

Last edited:
Ah, LOl😂
Yeah, I had Given up , I was in the pits trying to figure out what was going on. The race had already started.
The failsafe was cutting off the engine, but the battery was reading dead. I pulled it and changed batterie, that one was reading down not dead.
I was getting frustrated and walked away and went to look at the race, saw that Guys we’re having issues, ran back to the pits and pulled the failsafe and changed back to the original battery and now she was reading full again, got her started, guessed on needle setting based on how we we’re bringing in the engine tune, we had discussed this earlier, I didn’t get any hot laps and my track tuner was out there but I decided in my head it would be a whole lap to get to him to tune me in. I ran to the driver stand and entered the race 3/4 minutes late. I can laugh about it now, especially since after everything I was able to place.

Ah, LOl😂
Yeah, I had Given up , I was in the pits trying to figure out what was going on. The race had already started.
The failsafe was cutting off the engine, but the battery was reading dead. I pulled it and changed batterie, that one was reading down not dead.
I was getting frustrated and walked away and went to look at the race, saw that Guys we’re having issues, ran back to the pits and pulled the failsafe and changed back to the original battery and now she was reading full again, got her started, guessed on needle setting based on how we we’re bringing in the engine tune, we had discussed this earlier, I didn’t get any hot laps and my track tuner was out there but I decided in my head it would be a whole lap to get to him to tune me in. I ran to the driver stand and entered the race 3/4 minutes late. I can laugh about it now, especially since after everything I was able to place.
If I were you I’d fix the killswitch only and send her back out. IMO you’re making a lot of changes that are probably not necessary because your already the fastest buggy on track

I went with what you had said, the MOD kill switch, I hear you about making a lot of changes. Actually I try one thing at a time and see what it likes or doesn’t , but I have bench tested what I want to try and what’s happening with the buggy. I’ll be at the track for 5 days so I want to try whatever we have come up with to get it to jump better, I hate having to fight it on the big jumps all the time. I have built 3 sets of the shocks so I can run 5 laps come in change and go until I get it right. I have a 1k order of MCD parts filled and coming for spares etc for the race. I’m all in !

Well, this MCD bead-lock Rim wheel combo is impressive in how it‘s designed. But my original question has been put to rest. No, they are not compatible with the losi bead lock rim tire combo!
Is it the typical space craft engineering from mcd or is it just the same, but different

Last edited:
Okay, been super busy trying to get ready for ECN , ran into some issues that I’m sorting on the buggy.
Anyway, some closeup of the rims, while I’m fitting everything on and off on and off. I promise I’ll do a full side by side comparison with pics, but you can see the outer part of the rim is smaller and the inner is larger and so is the same with the tire sidewalls, the inner sidewalls are low profile where as the outer sidewall uses a larger profile, and this goes on to the foam inserts.

Attachments

• IMG_7254.jpeg
    IMG_7254.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7253.jpeg
    IMG_7253.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 7
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks