mcd xs-5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
comparison

To be perfectly honest draggline. I've only painted 3 cars in my life. I always have someone paint for me. Trust me I am no painter by far,but I will lend a hand if needed.

I currently own 2 FG's (onroad), redcat rally (It used to be a Chimera), Losi 5ive T, MCD X4, and MCD XS-5.

How would you rate your xs-5 to the fg's you own

I would go with the XS-5 because the braking system on the fg's suck. Even if you buy the 4wd version you get rear brakes and cable front brakes. I've had fg's for 15 years and I hate the cable brakes. I found myself fixing the car more than i drive it.

Heres a video of me doing some parking lot driving to test out the XS-5. I love this car :good:

I hope you enjoy the video

Last edited by a moderator:
mcd rally vs mcd cs-5

Here is my XS-5 with color shift paint. Its equipped with a zenoah 320rc. Now it time to break it in.

Chimera guy, it's Draggline largescale rc had a mcd rally x4 roller on dale for $850 I believe. I have a zenoah 28cc ported motor and servos already. What do you think will be the better buy? Rally or the xs-5:eek:

Now thats a tricky question I have the x4 and the xs-5 and they are two totally different animals. If you want drifting go with the x4 if you want more of a touring car xs-5 is the way to go. Keep in mind we don't know how long MCD will have parts available for v4 vehicles.

which one

Draggline53;19which3570 said:
Chimera guy, my brother awesome video. I might have seen you at Larry's. Hope to hook up. With you and learn something. :cool:

If you had to choose which one xs-5 or x4,:w00t:

Its quite possible you've seen me in larry's. I'm in there roughly twice a month. Please let me know when you want to get out and do some driving. I'm free most weekends. To answer your question I would go with the XS-5 the engineering in that car is awesome.

Its quite possible you've seen me in larry's. I'm in there roughly twice a month. Please let me know when you want to get out and do some driving. I'm free most weekends. To answer your question I would go with the XS-5 the engineering in that car is awesome.

I'm going to purchase the xs-5, I already have an esp ported zenoah g290. Do you think that's strong enough for that car. Will upgrade motors later. just purchased a losi 5t roller so I'm working on that,:D

To me it sort of looks right, yet looks wrong.
Those oversized wheels still don't do it for me.

Can the wheels be replaced, and a 'normal rally body' with rally style wheels be used - thus using the chassis, but with a proper rally look?

Perhaps a 1/5 Stratos or Delta body - one of the short wheelbase ones to get the proportions right?

Al.

Hello fellas, just wondering does anyone have any information on the new xs-5 on road car from mcd? There's limited info on it but what I read so far is pretty good. Just wondering if any of you guys have one or plan on buying one soon, and if so what motor what you put in it!

Ordered mine yesterday :D Seems to be very interesting as they change the mechanical layout, more like a ''losi''. Major work on the aerodynamical side with a major weight loss. I'll start with a torq monster the G320 and see what i'll need to add with the use and testing...

I'm still questioning myself about the pipe. Is it really needed with a 32. Also, the proximity of the pipe heat transferred to, first: the cooling air entering by the pull start and second: the pipe finishing just under the carb should higher the running temp of the engine and warm the air/fuel mixture at the carburetor.

What do you think?...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks