megamonster has arrived

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooman007uk

first pics of my new toy before I pull it apart to see how it all fits and rebuild it ready for it's first run.
I'll run it stock first for an out the box review then the moo-difications will start, got some goodies coming as i can't leave things bone stock even if it doesn't need it:clown:.
first impression, I'm impressed, extremely light compared to my rampage and drove gas jockey's yesterday which is stock with just a pipe and wow...fast as hell and really agile...a totally different driving feel to my ramp which is like a dinosaur in comparison (well it is 10lb heavier)...still love my moosaur though

DSC00905.gif

DSC00904.gif

comes with 3ch 2.4 lcd radio too:cool2:

DSC00906.jpg

so far everything looks real good, no slop to speak of...suspension and upright steering about the same fitment as my old fgbaja so very good, it's about the same size as the ramp but way lighter as i said, I'll take side by side when i put it back together...looks like this at the moment

DSC00909.gif

Ya Julian, accidently put those shocks in my redcat goodie box and tell Scott they forgot to include shocks ;)

I have been drooling over thee since they showed the first pics. I can't wait to hear how it gets mootilized and the survival rate

That thing looks nice. I like the fact that it has a cover for the gears, that should keep the rocks and stuff out nicely.

Chris

all rebuilt and first run today, threw on an old rat body which looks sweet

DSC00926.jpg
DSC00928.jpg
DSC00927.jpg

been posting all this everywhere else but not everyone belongs to all the forums so bear with me

couple of quick vids af boring pansy driving while running it in... a bloody good mootilizing will be coming soon:hammer::hammer:

hit the shed at the end of this one and cos the servo saver wasn't tight enough it manged to turn thru 180 degrees and jammed the steering...2min fix and all was good (i really scewed up and posted the wrong vid and deleted the right one so this all i got to show)
http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww294/mooman007uk/?action=view&current=MOV00925.flv

if things go well with this i can see another one coming to moo and my poor ol moosaur sitting in the corner gathering dust...i wont sell that one....yet

Last edited:
15 mins more of running in and i got bored, 25mins later and actually drove it back to my pick up...yep drove it back...that, in over 2 years of largescale bashing is a first for me...here's a quick sample of what it went thru....

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww294/mooman007uk/?action=view&current=MOV00934.flv

I need a camera person to catch all the action..I have to jam the camera i have between the trigger guard and base of my handset and it inhibits my recklessness somewhat:clown:...so many, endos, bad landings, cartwheels and rock strikes were missed on camera...all I can say so far is that this is one tough truck...my rampage would have busted after the first couple of bad ouchies as usual...if this truck continues to take abuse like this then my ultra modded moosaur will go to fund another nutech...either that or I'll shelve it and start saving hard...cos after all the time, money and effort it'll be tough to part with it

hiya moo just i few questions for you like for instance the shocks how are they holding up is there a ball drive system for these just like the FG system also whats you opinion on the balance of this rig compared to the ram with having the engine at the back like the FG i have a FG 4wd but some times it pulls wheels i do like it but.
I have the FS Racing 1:5 mt with a 1:4 scale conversion kit and that is very well balanced reason i ask is if i decide to get one of these i don't want to be pulling wheelies with it just bash the hell out of it lol

be warned there will be more questions lol

buy the way sweet vid with all the jumps in it that's the way they should be treated

Last edited:
I prefer the balance to the rampage, flys way better...very level...it's way longer than the FG so will not be a wheelie machine though with the new power that I have coming for it I may get the odd one off small bumps but even my moosaurus with the 30.5 and vrc will do that on occasion.
shocks don't leak and i don't expect to bend the 6mm shafts...and they are very smooth as you can see in the vid.

I don't rate ball drives for off road...period...ran them in my 2wd fgbaja and they simply don't allow enough suspension travel...the drive cups with excessive suspension movement wear and burr jamming the shaft in the cups of both diff outdrive and axle...i used fg and elcon parts and both wore badly very quickly...i got thru countless cups and half a dozen shafts...ball drives were designed for onroads and IMO that's where they should stay until they make a set for the offroads with bigger cups, balls and more operating angle and the NMT has alot of suspension travel.

going out this weekend for a few more tanks, so will have more run time to be able to continue the testing and review....it'll get some serious abuse for sure:hammer:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks