Metal cage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anddddddd it’s bent

Putting a 1000-1590 pound cage on a rock crawler isn’t a big deal, but would you want to put even a 10 pound cage on a losi?
A 20ft stick of 1.75in .120 wall DOM tube weighs in at 40 pounds. If you use 10 sticks to build a cage on a rock crawler you are going WAY overkill and that would still only weigh 400 pounds. Most will only use 4 to 6 sticks adding only 160 to 240 pounds. Nowhere near the 1000 to 1590 you are saying. To get that much weight you would have to build a full tube chassis and use some heavy wall tube for most of it.

The smallest tube I could find data on is 7/16 .065 wall at .25 pound per foot. If we just use simple math and hope that the 1/5 scale holds true, then we would need 1/5 as many feet of tube for a cage witch comes out to 16 to 24 feet, or 4 to 6 pounds. And if we take out the weight of the stock nylon cage that we no longer need, then we are only up by 2 to 4 pounds. If you got some 10mm or 3/8 tube, that would be even lighter, I'm guessing around 3 to 5 pounds.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks