Midwest Missile 2 Outrigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some pics of my revamped Midwest Missile 2 Outrigger Hydro. Richard VanHuesden lays up the fiberglass tub and cuts the sponsons out of solid balsa then laminates them with birch ply. I cut out some 1/8" birch ply for the engine rails and laid down some carbon fiber cloth in the engine bay just to stiffen it up. I'm running a Quickdraw 25ht and using Rum Racing hardware. The video link was my first time out with the boat running in the low to mid 70mph range. I have since made adjustments and found a killer prop combo for this boat. She's a screamer! http://www.rcuvideos.com/video/Midwest-Missle-II

Attachments

• rigger pic.jpg
    rigger pic.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 21
  • rigger pic2.jpg
    rigger pic2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 18
  • rigger pic 3.jpg
    rigger pic 3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 18
I also have a very old rigger that is all balsa wood just alittle out dated but a friend give it to me i just havn"t done much with it yet it would be just for fun boat I like all of your fast boats maybe some day i will get good V hull it wont be a pro boat i was looking at a bonzi hull since they are built here in Indiana i just drive 3 hours and look at the boats in person.
P7090061.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks