Mike 1970 whats your opinion grease or oil??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooter5200

Mike I have a four fold diff I have hear that you should put silicon diff oil in it and I have hear you should put lit grease in it which do you recommend??

hi mate not seen mike on for ages

but I do run the same diff oil wont work it will just leak out as there not sealed like the viscous ones are

on mine I use grease but not packed with it I just coat the teeth and try not to get grease on the fibre plates or the rear of the 4 diff gears as these diffs use the plates as a sort of braking affect if you jam it full of grease it may not work as well due to the grease coating the plates and gear backs

how I done mine was strip the diff down clean the lot assemble it and apply grease just to the teeth spin it round a few turns with the out drives plugged in just to make sure all the teeth are nice and coated then seal it up with the outer cover

no worries mate

I also found its better without using the locking adjusters on the outer alloy sleeve,,i just set it up open with no locking affect and let the self locking do its own thing unless your into drifting or general wheel spinning antics which of course most of us are lol then lock it up with the 2 grub screws you just wind them both in

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks