Modifying A DDM Torque Pipe question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KauseKaos

After some thinking and looking at the DDM pipes i started to wonder. How would it affect the performance of the pipe if I was to cut the curve out and have the pipe re-welded to come straight back. Main reason for doing this is to save my next Marder Beetle bodies from being hacked to hell. I was gonna sell it but i'd figure try it and if it doesn't work i'll just go ahead and buy another pipe like i was planning. Below are the pics of it. The last two is where i'm thinking about cutting.

Attachments

• 100_2722.jpg
    100_2722.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 100_2723.jpg
    100_2723.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_2724.jpg
    100_2724.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_2725.jpg
    100_2725.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 14
In boating the length from the sparkplug to the widest part of the pipe determines the torque and/or the top end revs. The longer the pipe the more torque and the shorter the pipe the more revs the engine makes.

typically the wide area of a pipe is for torque. the longer and thinner the pipe the more top rpm. pipe length (espcially the belly section ) really determines the lenght of time the power is On so to speak.
so you can drastcially change the performance by changing the pipes length.

I would try it.:) Can't make it worse then a stock pipe. And it wont be as bad as the HPi pipe. You may surprise yourself. I think many could speculate on the final product but until the prototype is designed no one will know the true performance. Who knows you may create a new style DDM pipe.
I would say I think it would be better then the FG I have due to its cone shape.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks