Monster Beetle body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightmare702

Hope this question does not sound too stupid, I just picked up a new Monster Beetle body and wing for my FG MT and I am pretty decent at painting lexan body's but the wing is made out of a really thick plastic not sure if its even lexan, im used to painting body's from the inside but the wing looks as if you paint the whole thing bottom an top, do I use regular lexan paint on the wing or do I use a paint suitable for hard plastic body's like the old Tamiya's.

hello nightmare welcome to the fourm

usually all these plastics are polycarbonate (strong flexable plastic)i would recomend you to use the paint specified for this material,polycarbonate paint lol

if you didnt want the hassle of trying to get that paint you could use a celulose paint,its quick drying but after painting it let it kinda bake or heat for a while over a stove or something,that way it wont chip and flake off.

best of luck

Hope this question does not sound too stupid, I just picked up a new Monster Beetle body and wing for my FG MT and I am pretty decent at painting lexan body's but the wing is made out of a really thick plastic not sure if its even lexan, im used to painting body's from the inside but the wing looks as if you paint the whole thing bottom an top, do I use regular lexan paint on the wing or do I use a paint suitable for hard plastic body's like the old Tamiya's.

Is the wing clear or opaque? (white)

The wing is a thick clear plastic Polycarbonate Rear Spoiler for 1:6 FG part # 06421/05 from DDM, thanks for all your help fellas I guess I failed to read the part that said Polycarbonate.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks