Mooman's fg baja bash vid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me and my son say "Awesome" Its so stinks being cooped up inside. I loved hearing the sound of the pipe. Looked like a somewhat good area with only a few items running out in front of you. :lol:

Brake disc got a rock caught in it and bent it pretty good, the other rear disc got bent about 1min into the vid that's why it starts bogging a off idle...not the carb settings but disc was bent enough to drag. here' the disc that stopped my day
dsc00124ri9.jpg

cool vid my friend....The place you ran that baja looks a little rough ...Yup those stones will kill that awsome machine your running......Now I can see your redcat running there...
Any way well done my friend.....AKASlawhammer

Looks like a great run. Nice video. Do yourself a favor though and get a HPI Baja wing instead of FG. The FG wing is pure crap.

That looks like quite a cool place to bash, lots of obstacles though and I love the brake disc!! lol Do you not use a locking wheel nut though, I can see copious amounts of thread lock on the axle :D

Brake disc got a rock caught in it and bent it pretty good, the other rear disc got bent about 1min into the vid that's why it starts bogging a off idle...not the carb settings but disc was bent enough to drag. here' the disc that stopped my day

You may try a standard metal FG disk without the big holes to stop the rocks from entering the disk.:)

1022522439.jpg

sweet vid mucker loads of fun fgs built to last i to had the baja man these baby flys

would also go with the fg disc brakes with the small holes

Yep the wing is too brittle...i got a new unpainted one I'll try boiling to see if it softens up a touch if not a 5b wing will be next.
the brake disc catches stones between the bottom of the arm and disc and the disc gives...are the standard discs tougher? I'm about to order a set of 9445's same as the front ones with holes and not slots...
Slaw i'm gonna stay off the gravel with the fg from now on...well one more run session off the jump my rampage was hitting at that place , i reckon it'll really get some big air:clap:
I got the ramp to suck up the rough stuff the fg is tough but has a few delicate parts that don't like stony ground...it's time to throw the paddles on and hit some sand.

I have the same brakes as BTB posted, I have never had a rock get caught or had a disk bend/break and we run our trucks at a rock quarry. They're pretty tough.

Trip..

mooman..I know you got maga bucks in your Fg.....You run it where you want..It would be some thing I don't think I could afford to run in gravel....I know that is why most people have 2 or 3 different RC Units to use.....Any way your having fun and that's all that counts
AKASlawhammer

The discs on the rear with the slots, on closer inspection appear much weaker than the fg 9445's I have on the front .I just ordered 2 more 9445's and hope it doesn't happen again.
yeah I spent alot to get it where it is and it's tough now, just a couple little things to sort out, if I weren't so merciless it'd probably never break but i can't help myself once it's running it begs to be thrashed:hammer:.
I'm trying to get the bugs ironed out for a big race that's being organised in the summer at a big drag meet here on the Island "Thunder in the valley" and they're building an rc track for a rc event inc elec, nitro and gas 1/10-1/5...guess the organiser is into rc's, they have sponsors and prizes and they'll be a huge crowd to watch...in the 2wd gasser class I want to be the man, i know I got the 5b's easily licked as far as speed and handling, it also handles the jumps well...(until the rear shock c clips let go)...new alloy ones on the bench now ready for install:clown:.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks