most hated rc jobs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablo

just wondering whats your most hated \ dreaded rc job. well here,s mine and it should be so simple its getting my receiver wire thru, the aerial straw, it just drives me nuts every time:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

I don't mind any jobs, breakages or whatever but cleaning dog shite off after a bash.......:censored::censored::cursing::cursing: :2guns::2guns:

i couldnt think of one untill the dog shite was mentioned what the next dog i see when im out with my car shitin were we drive im going to pakk my beetle right up its arse

mine would have to be trying to hide all the wiring in the reciver box and trying to close it without pinching them and trying to keep the aeriel in the tube, im about to do it now actually. grrrr

i just hate working with diff fluid. right now im experimenting with different fluids in my sportline sealed aluminum diff, i filled it last night with 120,000wt "oil". the stuff is so thick it just sticks to everything, it just makes a mess.

Rebuilding shocks. I hate it worse than anything. I'd rather mount 8 hard Hostile MX Baja tires in freezing weather with no gloves than rebuild shocks.

...Believing you've built something well ... no, not talking about the bits you've saved!! ... then blasting around a little to find you have to pull it all apart again 'cause you hadn't threadlocked the grub screws !!!
... know the 120000 wt diff 'oil' one - took me 3 days!!!

All of these are great, so I'm grabbing at straws here.

i fill my diffs by putting the bottle upside down and using the vise to squeeze it.

gluing tires is a close second for me. last tires i glued were on my savage, they wernt too bad. 1/10 touring car tires were horrible, but i only run foams so those days are behind me. my sportline uses pegaso beadlocks, so no glueing.

MSR6's on my Raminator - leave them more than one month and they're ***sing oil everywhere!!
Look great, last .... 'nough said.
They make great show items ... and a few tough ones - T/E-Maxx titanium skid plates and bumpers ... meandering again.
Hit a touchy subject there Tim!!
Al.

Rebuilding after a runaway!..........Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
J.
Just pisses me off! Because there is no need to have a runaway!!!!.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh AGAIN!

I deffo agree with the gluing tires one - I hate it ! Glad I have beadlocks now !! Take a while to fit but much better.... I was FOREVER Re-gluing the tires on my Hyper ST.
Agree with Pablo too... the aerial wire aint much fun to thread up the tube !!!
Though my best has to be my recent trick.... Decided to service my diff. Dismantled back end of car, removed gearbox, opened gearbox, cleaned and serviced gearbox, opened diff, cleaned and serviced diff, re-built diff, put diff back in gear box, re-built gear box, put gearbox back in car, re-built rear end of car.....................
THEN REALISED I HADN'T TIGHTENED THE LITTLE ALLEN BOLTS INSIDE THE DIFF SHAFTS THAT HOLD THE PINS IN PLACE !!!!:crying:

Oh how I enjoyed stripping the WHOLE THING down again, just to tighten 2 little bolts !!!:crying::crying::crying:

I deffo agree with the gluing tires one - I hate it ! Glad I have beadlocks now !! Take a while to fit but much better.... I was FOREVER Re-gluing the tires on my Hyper ST.
Agree with Pablo too... the aerial wire aint much fun to thread up the tube !!!
Though my best has to be my recent trick.... Decided to service my diff. Dismantled back end of car, removed gearbox, opened gearbox, cleaned and serviced gearbox, opened diff, cleaned and serviced diff, re-built diff, put diff back in gear box, re-built gear box, put gearbox back in car, re-built rear end of car.....................
THEN REALISED I HADN'T TIGHTENED THE LITTLE ALLEN BOLTS INSIDE THE DIFF SHAFTS THAT HOLD THE PINS IN PLACE !!!!:crying:

Oh how I enjoyed stripping the WHOLE THING down again, just to tighten 2 little bolts !!!:crying::crying::crying:

i bet the air was blue, i,ve got to put my ss pipe back on later and got to get the exhaust clamp back on, last time i pissed about with it for an age, then i lost it and threw my long nose plyers at it, denting the pipe in the prosess:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks