motor or pipe decision making help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kryptonite5b

having a hard time making my decision. i want to get the new dom pipe for the tt, but am thinking that i should just go for a better mill instead. would be cheaper. but i never spring for a good pipe and really want one, but i think i would get more out of a killer ported and stroked headkit and carb. but if i do that i will never get a pipe. i have about $200 or more in rc funds. i need some shock shafts but after 3 days of searching still cant make up my mind. i need to make a decision tonight so help quickly
as timmah says, there is no replacement for displacement. would i be better served with a pipe or a nice headkit for the same price knowing that i may never put more then an X-can on it..

Get a pipe. No matter what head kit you get, you will never get the power it can provide without the pipe. You can get one heck of a great motor and if it has a stock can you will still have what the stock 23cc will do with a good pipe.

Get a pipe and save for the head kit for later.:) M/O.

Last edited:
Plus, I have a side DOM for the Redcat ready to ship to a buyer that just bought it from me (Long story) and its one nice pipe. As strong and thick as the Dom for the FG's exc. If you get the chrome one I can say wow, its shinny. It weighs 1.6 lbs of pure steel. When I get my new Redcat MT I will rebuy a Dom from DDM after seeing it and holding it.:)

I should have my 28.5 race ported ddm with stuffed crank back soon. I had a problem with it and sent it to ddm for inspection. once they figure it out, I will be able to get it back but I have no motors it will fit on now (I don't believe they will fit a solo afaik)

Get the pipe and I can trade you something for the headkit. when it's ready to roll out, I can just get them to ship it to you, it'll be cheaper than shipping it to me for them as well

i would have grabbed that pipe from you but really wanted it in black.
im clicking the "paid" button on ddm righ now. thanx for the helpful advice. same as i would have givin someone else, but when it comes to my own decision making process my brain goes blank with "what ifs":)

Krypto... A pipe is the best bang for the buck there is in large scale... Buy the pipe, you'll be happy you did!! A good pipe is like good radio gear, it's worth every penny!

Trip..

Yup a good tune pipe will wake up any engine.....1 to 11/2 HP gain...
great low end grunt off the line from stand still.....You may loose a little on top end...
You can always do a motor later on......Get the pipe.....Slawhammer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks