Mounting Position for TPS RedRace Ignition Coil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supa_Mario

Hi guys, does anyone have a picture of how have have mounted the TPS redrace ignition coil? I have installed my TPS system but can't find a suitable spot to mount the coil. Any pics to share??

that was the hardest part of fitting the kit for me as well,,,take your time and sit there looking over the car trying diferent places for coil i found on mine teres only 1 or 2 places that were any good to mount the coil in the end i cable tied it to my roll cage more or less above my carb on the cross bracket of my m&r racing alloy cage but should work on a stock one.

Yes I truly understand what you went through.. Currently this is how I have mounted mine. Do you think it would be fine?

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

Also, the ground wire can be connected to any part of the engine right? This is where I've attached the grounding wire.

IMG_1254.jpg

At the moment my throttle rod clears the coil. It runs just below the coil. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. I'm trying to avoid making a bracket just to mount the coil.

i like it i never even thought of mounting there but i think my pipe runs to close to it
what have you bolted it to is that the head cover looks safe and well out the way mine looks like its in harms way but its not its quite safe and hasn't been marked as of yet it rarely gets dirty where ive put it

If the throttle rod is close to anything metal, make sure you use some heat shrink or brake pipe to reduce the risk of interferance.

You're right, I'll need to use heat shrink on the throttle rod.. Tks!

i like it i never even thought of mounting there but i think my pipe runs to close to it
what have you bolted it to is that the head cover looks safe and well out the way mine looks like its in harms way but its not its quite safe and hasn't been marked as of yet it rarely gets dirty where ive put it

I've bolted it to the engine cover. The original screw hole on the clutch side. I'm using this set-up for my on-road car, so I don't have to worry so much about the dirt issue.. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks