ms290 - AMS Steel Differential Protector for FG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rajsbaja

i bought an rtr baja fg and i bought ams steel differential protectors form ddm. today i opened the read diff (was fun), but i cant seem to gets the protectors on can anyone help. do i need some other part. anyone pls. thanx.

ms 290 this is the part number on ddm. its suppose to go over the differential so that it is dust proof.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.2879/.f

this one????

remove the 4 screws from the diff gear and remove it, remove the small one from the end of the diff cover, slide the old case off (or cut it off if its damaged) clean out all the old grease and rifill, refit the diff gear (be sure to use loctite) as you wont be able to fit it once the new case is on, then with the machined part of the new cover towards the diff gear you should be able to just slide it back over the diff, put the small screw back in job done mate you shouldn't need any other parts ;)

hope that helps fella

cheers ben

Yes that's the part. What do I do with the metal gear that the 4 screws go in through n close the diff. It's inner part is square. I can't post photos don't know how to but will try n the evening after work to try ur idea. I'll let u know how it went. Could u direct me to a link that shows this as it's a bit confusing. N thanx for the time u spent to write.

hi mike 1970, i purcgased the part number ms 290 from ddm its a steel diff protector from ams and i cant seem to get it on could u pls help or do i hav to return the part to ddm. or is there any other part i hav to order to make it work.thanx.

i got the diff cover (ms 290) from ddm. do i need alloy diff housing (8486) to male ms 290 work. or will the diff cover go over the stock plastic diff housing.

I have no idea of the quality of the part you're talking about, if you used FG parts they would fit. The alloy diff housing is a very sensible upgrade of any car and your part may well fit on this.

will the steel ams diff cover go over the stock plastic diff housing. that the question. or do i hav to buy an alloy diff housing to fit the alloy diff cover. the diff cover is from ams bought form ddm.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks