MT aluminium body post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gates59

I was thinking about getting aluminium body post for just in case I ever get a roll over. I think they would be better than a steel roll cage. I find a cage more in the way than anything else. Are they worth the price or should I spend money on better things.

I was thinking about getting aluminium body post for just in case I ever get a roll over. I think they would be better than a steel roll cage. I find a cage more in the way than anything else. Are they worth the price or should I spend money on better things.
From personal experience they break....a lot. The plastic are more forgiving and way cheaper. Besides, who is gonna see them if you have the body in place.
Metal is good when you need the strength. But plastic is better when you need it to flex a little. And when it gets cold everything breaks!

From personal experience they break....a lot. The plastic are more forgiving and way cheaper. Besides, who is gonna see them if you have the body in place.
Metal is good when you need the strength. But plastic is better when you need it to flex a little. And when it gets cold everything breaks!

Thanks for that info. Just starting up with large scale.

To be honest, my FG MT is as near 'all aluminium as its possible to get, including the posts.
Never had a problem including the many 'endo's' it's had so far.

Most is FG alloy or 'HD quality' from Hobbythek, so perhaps there's a difference there.

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks