MT evo III Upgrade problems!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCDMonster!

Hi i have just bought the evo III wide version and have problems with the alloy side gaurds rubbing against the springs and 2 holes not lineing up underneath the chassis so only 1 screw per side can be put in, heres the email to Bob at King Cobra:

Hi Guy,

The problem is possibly becouse the wide version monster truck was not available when we designed these parts, so maybe we should fit a set to to an Evo 3 based one like yours so we can see what changes we need to make next time.

I am guessing the changed angle of the shocks may be causing some fouling that the previous models never suffered from. The shorter chassis plate with no overhang may cause some problems too?

I am working in the unit next weekend with my pal that makes them with me, and my own fully loaded monster truck has now been sold, so I need to biuld a new one in any case.

This is just the excuse I need to do so, and when we fit the parts I will get back to you and let you know what we find, and the changes we needed to make to overcome the issue(s).

Best regards - Bob.

Now what also concerns me is i have the twin pipe put on, but you can`t have the roll cage on (if possible someone with an older model and pipe can you confirm wether you can have both on at the same time?).
But because they haven`t tested certain upgrades on the new wider model i would confirm 1st wether they fit 1st.
Thanks for any advice.
Guy

hi mate

its me that bought your blingblaster:scared: my mt is on its way so not sure if it will fit on the evo 3 ok or not? is there a mod that can be done to make it fit?

Hi veron yes it wil fit, but on the MTs you can`t have the roll cage on its not just the wide version but all versions as the picture on the website with it on was well before the wide version came out and that has no roll cage either.
Thanks
Guy

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks