MT WIERD PROBLEM :o

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first we need to know when you give it throttle does it rev freely or does it bog down and struggle? revving freely is indicating a part of the drivline has failed completeley (gear come loose, bearing popped out, clutch shoes gone etc but if it bogs down there is resistance somewhere eg gear mesh too tight, bearing seized or even engine related.

I'll upload some vid's off it today. Ive checked the wheels squares and they seem fine.

have you looked at the drive squares on the rear hubs maybe a lose grub screw also check the layshaft ones i had same sort of problem on mine but it was one lose grub on a wheel square its also the easyest one to check whip off a wheel a have a look

Thanks mate but it does'nt seem to be them :( what i will do is get a vid up to show you guys it that better ?.

ok mate try starting it rev it while looking at all the bits that should move you must be able to see somthing spinning round it only takes one little grub screw lose and that will do it look at the layshaft pinion also have you got plastic spur gear carrier these can round off and end up just spinning if everthing looks ok then it may have a broken gear in the diff

Problem solved. Was infact the wheel sqaure on the one wheel. The brakes are pretty week (its got to brake pads) stock has once right ! May just need adjusting properly.

If it's a layshaft brake, after you adjust it, you may want to reduce the rubber tubing a little.
If the servo / radio tray is plastic, check how much it's flaxing when you brake - may want to do what everyone ends up doing and changing it to an alloy or carbon fibre tray.
Is the servo up to the job - may want to change that. I use Savox 1256TG for the throttle / brake - fast enough and very powerful.

Al.

i second the radio tray one of my mates runs a stock tray must have about 10mm of movement when braking i ditched mine and went for alloy one but now got a carbon one coming also run a savox servo its a very good servo loads of power 20kg its quick and not that badly priced mine runs throttle rear hydo layshaft brake and front cables without ever having a problem i cant comment on the standard brake as ive only ever run this setup with the tps central layshaft brake which is spot on in price and quality and it works very well stoping a full alloy fg from flatout needs good brakes fronts were only added to give a bit of balance

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks