MTXL price drop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MTXL is not a DBXL. They do share some key component but just the tires on the MTXL is stupid expensive. There is more alloy crap on the MTXL as standard (or it would fall apart under its own weight...while standing still). etc. So obviously its going to cost more. But it was extra cost they should have ust ate at horison. 200 cheaper or not they are still making money off it. Make no mistake about it. It is one of those "I cant have a ferarri in all the colors but have to make do with my favourite 3", situations.

The company are not sitting with a hat in the gutter hoping to make by after this price drop. And if they had made proper destinctions between the two trucks so people didnt think it was ust a DBXL with stupid wheels AND had a hop up market ready to support it. It would have been a run away success. I hope it will be with this price drop. Its a wonderful truck. I don't know if I may have mentioned in passing h ow much I love the MTXL as a basher.

And most of a Lambourghini is really just an Audi sedan with a fancy hat on. I don't get why they even sell it as two brands because they are practically the same car.:rolleyes:

Compatible parts between the two.
https://rc-car-online.de/homepage/p...evergleichslisten/mtxl_dbxl/mtxl_dbxl_de.html

Because they can charge more for the Lamborghini ?? and sorry mate I cant read Dutch (I think) I went through the manuals the other night and compared what's the same. Like I said about 80%ish.

Its German and the shared parts are less than 50%. Then there are the parts that somewhat fit, like the motor holder which doesn't fit right out of the bag, you have to macgyver it to make it fit. So technically it fits (if you just add some other stuff to it) but in any other setting (non hobby) it would be called non compatible.

The numbers you look at also cover things like screws, bearings etc. That is what most of the numbers are, but they don't count because they also fit the rest of Losi's 5ive line too. Sharing screws does not make a 5B into an MTXL e.g.

Last edited:
I fitted a dbxl arecrc alloy motor mount to my mtxl with no mods needed (y)
Its a fid one actually
All the upgrades I've fitted r straight from/for a dbxl and went straight on no mods (y)
Diffs/housings r rhe same as i fitted dbxl jofer skids aswell
And the dbxl clutch holder and that center shaft holder fited as u can see both here....all the main ally upgrades u'd wanna fit will go straight on from a dbxl (y)...except the fr/rear chassis braces as thete alot longer on the mtxl

Last edited:
Yeah sure. About 1/4th to 1/3'rd of key components are directly compatible. Like I said in my first post. I don't know why you fiddlestickers keep barking. They can also share wheels in one direction, where in the other it requires a little MacGyvering. Come to think of it, both share wheels with a lot of cars so does that make them part those cars?

all the main ally upgrades u'd wanna fit will go straight on from a dbxl

don't forget to tell Detroit performance if you are so absolutely certain, because they are clearly wasting their time and money. And have idiot costumers who just don't know how to fit things to their MTXL's.

edit. Idiots like this noob
(start at 16:26)

Last edited:
On the FID motor mount, did FID add spacers? Why? the DBXL doesn't need them. Did you have to add them yourself? You have added a few of the parts that just haappen to fit between the two lol. We both know they share drive train. And skids? a non essential part not found on the original of either.

No spacers ..i bought it 2nd hand..... (y)....anyway if i come across anything what don't fit I'll post up on my thread(y)
Yeah sure. About 1/4th to 1/3'rd of key components are directly compatible. Like I said in my first post. I don't know why you fiddlestickers keep barking. They can also share wheels in one direction, where in the other it requires a little MacGyvering. Come to think of it, both share wheels with a lot of cars so does that make them part those cars?

don't forget to tell Detroit performance if you are so absolutely certain, because they are clearly wasting their time and money. And have idiot costumers who just don't know how to fit things to their MTXL's.

edit. Idiots like this noob
(start at 16:26)
Yeah I've watched this before:ROFLMAO:

You fiddlesticker I can see the spacers lol :LOL:. So either previous owner did the modification or FID does and then just wipe off the extra cost on dbxl owners who doesn't need them. I think its partly the reason why no 3rd party part vendors pickedup on it because everbody ust figured that the mTXL was a DBXL with stupid wheels. But the MTXL need beefier parts....and now we get them. Hooray!

The video starts almost precisely at the spot and I posted the precise time under the video when I posted, in case youtubes "play from x time" function failed. C'mon,brah. Tighten your helmet and get on with it lol. Its less than a minute.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks