MTXL Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice video @Stevendavis . I hope other MTXL owners heed your warning about parts availability.

On the flip side.

Guys/Gals, this is your chance to become an Ebay millionaire. This might be your last chance to get on this ground floor investment opportunity. Buy $10k to $20k worth of parts. Sit on your MTXL parts fort for a couple of years. The last one holding parts can name their own price.?????????????????

Best thing to do, you'll be good for a wile like that. My favorite was my tamiya terra crusher. Bugger used plastic u joints and yokes for the drive shafts. haven't been able to find them for years. I had stocked up. Pretty sure I had the last set made in the USA lol. Now it just sits. If I ever find more I'll get it out again.

I've got a Duratrax Warhead RTX and a whole tub of parts!! I think I can build 3 of them! Some times I stretch the boundries of what's acceptable ordering with my wife. ?
Every thing is back where it belongs!

Attachments

• IMG_1856.JPG
    IMG_1856.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
For the amount they charge for the mtxl, a decade of support should be reasonable. The people who own them will buy the parts. Im gonna be super pissed if I reach a point when I can't use my favorite $1,300 RC. Especially if its only a few years after I got it. I get discontinued models that don't sell well, but they can atleast make the 20 unique parts it requires for those of us that bought one. Gonna start mailing Horizon my dogs leavings when they shaft us.????

I'm gonna say something that will piss some of you off, but. In reality it's not a popular model, I know I have its little brother and it ain't popular. I would assume parts supply will go like this: 1 to 2 years factory new parts will start to dry up (especially the ones prone to beakage) years 3 to 5ish full models will be broke down for parts (by now either your gonna keep it forever or sell it off. Now would be the time to buy one for super cheap) once most of the popular parts that break are gone its done for. You may stay in there longer if rc max starts making all parts for the mtxl but they will charge double or triple for the parts. That just wont be worth it for most people. So I'd really give you closer to 5 to 7 years until it's a real pain to find parts. But you have the added benefit of most of the dbxl parts could be made to fit if need be, so who knows you may be good for longer yet. Just don't have any illusions that it will come to an end sooner or later. All dependent on what supply is on hand now.

I think this truck will do ok for a while. I've been running it for a couple of years and haven't broken anything yet. Its a tough truck, but I have seen others break a few parts. The body takes the brunt of the beating, so I've also got a couple of those on hand. Tires are one of a kind, but Rovan has some that will work. I'm really surprised that Rovan or King Motor hasn't copied this truck yet. Maybe in the future. I know I'm in for the long haul with the MTXL as its my go to when I want to brap it up! May be some day I'll get a Raminator and that will change, who knows!

if you love your Rc and already know which parts are prone to break....
when ever you have spare change order 1 or 2 parts and throw them in the parts bin....
do this every now and then and 10-15yrs from now you’ll still running and bashing around without a care in the world ...

Sean is pretty spot on with what he said, the original hpi baja is a perfect example.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks