multiplex stering servo horn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnxman

my multiplex servo (the big red) stering servo stripped the gears on the servo horn and the metal gear is larger then my hitec jumbo servos?? what alloy horn do i require or plastic?

my multiplex servo (the big red) stering servo stripped the gears on the servo horn and the metal gear is larger then my hitec jumbo servos?? what alloy horn do i require or plastic?

I found this weird beast on Ebay.com
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alloy-Horn-...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5647a92526

This can also be found here
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl?c=885035&sc=12&category=&search=servo horn

Another option is
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Servohebel-A...682740190?pt=RC_Modellbau&hash=item20c15841de

Al.

ok so i have 4 jumbo servos one hs 5735mg (king cobra) , multi plex , hitex 705, hobbico . all the servo's have a smaller gear then the mulitplex, i got 50+ horns laying around and cant get any of them to fit (there all to small) . Are you pretty confident the one you listed will work?

ok so i have 4 jumbo servos one hs 5735mg (king cobra) , multi plex , hitex 705, hobbico . all the servo's have a smaller gear then the mulitplex, i got 50+ horns laying around and cant get any of them to fit (there all to small) . Are you pretty confident the one you listed will work?

No idea mate.
Thought you wanted Rhino / Hitec5755.
Not sure about the Jumbo or the others.
Give Dave's a ring. Even if you don't buy anything, just ask if they can 'point you in the right direction'.
The ones I listed are 100% certain the ones I listed are fine, for the Digi4 Rhino, aka Hitec5755.

Al.

so thats the larger size horn gear. This one is bigger then the hitec ?

That's the 'standard' alloy horn used when using one Rhino for the steering.
The Hitec 5755 is said to be 'identical' to the Rhino, other than colour, so I would guess so .....

Maybe it's the colour but I still prefer the Rhino!!
There are still plenty of them in Europe.

Al.

ya if it fits a hitec jumbo its to small. I got a 5755 servo and a few alloy servo horns and they are all to small by 2-3 mm . Iam completey baffled

i just bought 2 more multi plex jumbo mcv2 servos with horns so i will see what they look like when they show up . think i will call ddm this week and see if they know what iam talking about

so thats the larger size horn gear. This one is bigger then the hitec ?

i have these on 7 of my steering servos, which are multiplex rhino digi4

the multiplex jumbo are the old type servo before the digi4.....and are inferior to the rhino

K....

Last edited:
i do believe that the one i need Lookks same as the plastic ones i have... can some one plese email the guy and ask if its the larger spline for the older multiplex? e bay will not allow me to contact him :rolleyes:. and see if he will ship to me in ontario canada n5a5t3 :)

i do believe that the one i need Lookks same as the plastic ones i have... can some one plese email the guy and ask if its the larger spline for the older multiplex? e bay will not allow me to contact him :rolleyes:. and see if he will ship to me in ontario canada n5a5t3 :)

It's defo the same as the one I have on my Rhino for my on-road, and the 7 that Keith (Trebor) mentioned.
Strange they won't permit contact ..
I'll ask him if he's an e-mail you can contact him on ... never know!

Al.

just mounted my 2 new ones and wow there's some power :D, 2 jumbo multiplexes is awesome, turns the big stadium truck tires on carpet no problem , but alot of flex in my radio tray :rolleyes:

just mounted my 2 new ones and wow there's some power :D, 2 jumbo multiplexes is awesome, turns the big stadium truck tires on carpet no problem , but alot of flex in my radio tray :rolleyes:

2 options there mate:
1. Replace radio tray with alloy or carbon one.
2. Try adding additional bracing bars - Renbar and/or Dwarfy have done that - to the plastic radio tray - works nearly as well.

Keep an eye on your servo saver - spring can deform.
If you've the one with the O-rings, they perish. I've 2 Rhinos on mine, and have the thickest option O-rings on (there are different thicknesses) + I added 2 extra!
It still flexes, and MAY save the servos, but we are talking about 2 Rhinos ....

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks