Mutilator outdrives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle ed

Does anybody know wether the FG out drives FIT or CARSON ones fit the MUTILATOR 6
Also is there a right way of installing the dog bones back on the vehicle
cause this how i broke a outdrive i believe fg part number 6069 and the
hobbypro part number 5056 don't know carson part number

thanks for your HELP

the outdrive from the diff.? fg's will fit perfect. and what do you mean by putting the drive shafts in right? if you have a little play there, witch isnt good, but thats how it is. you can center them with some fuel tubing or cut down some contractor ear plugs. if there is too much play in the drive shaft it can bind at high speeds or when the suspension is at full throw. cousing a cracked drive cup.. also make sure your shafts arent bent. that would throw you off big time.
you would have better luck with fg's, but i believe the carsons will fit. don't know the number

Last edited:
dogs bones

on each end of dogbones the balls with the pins i noticed one has a flat edge or like a dimple while the other is round

wow, i just checked my hobby pro gt-40, wich is the same as the mut. 6.. my drive shafts are flat on both ends. sorry, im not sure what way is supposed to be correct. this is just my opinion... i would think(my thinking has never been write..lol.) that maybe the flat end would go toward the wheel hub. they are alawys going to want to push that way, but i don't really know.. im just guessing..

wow, i just checked my hobby pro gt-40, wich is the same as the mut. 6.. my drive shafts are flat on both ends. sorry, im not sure what way is supposed to be correct. this is just my opinion... i would think(my thinking has never been write..lol.) that maybe the flat end would go toward the wheel hub. they are alawys going to want to push that way, but i don't really know.. im just guessing..

Thats what i was thinking the flat bit towards the inside of of the wheel and the round towards the diff think it may have something to do with suspension travel thats how i broke in first place with the flat towards the diff also changed suspension on it that might also be a problem

If the rod ends that fit through the shaft have flat spots that is normal wear and will eventually need to be replaced. Unless it looks like the machined them that way, then I don't know?
I can get you a dimension on the FG out drives if you like. The outdrives for the DTX Firehammer and the Fgs are different though.

if you want the diff outdrives, then no fg ones wont fit youve got to use h.pro as mine cracked and a friend had some fg ones tried and they didnt fit

I replaced mine with one from the Firehammer MT after I broke the one that came with the Mutilator. It was a perfect fit. It meshed nicely with the stock gears. I bought mine at tower hobbies.

Kryp, your hobby pro is sitting here in my garage, how did you check it? LOL

I have't tried swapping outdrives yet but I have an FG, Firehammer and a Hobby Pro sitting here. I can attest the splined ends of the FG and Firehammer are a different size though. I just haven't pulled the HP one out to try them yet. and it was used and was told it had FG drivetrain changed into it (I should check and see if it is FG then ;) )

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks