MY Brushless FG Baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Large Scale Alloy

Finally got most of it done. Need to do some permanent connections of wires but she is going out for a test run this weekend. Here are some pics:

brushlessbaja1.gif

brushlessbaja2.gif

Hopefully someone will join me this weekend and get some video. I am going to run a 14.8v 5000 mah lipo pack and she what she can do with some street tires installed.

it appears you may have put her on a diet!! shed some pounds. what kinda rpms are you pull'in with that motor? any projected speeds yet? i would assume they are custom mods, right? what does a complet set-up like that cost?

Vary nice. Congratulations.
Just an idea. What about 2 speed, or 2 motor’s? Maybe both.
Will be whiting for the Vide and results.

22 Volts. That will be a killer Baja.
Watch out for the police if thy coat you speeding thy will give you a ticket. LOL

Looks sweet. I will be waiting to see a video! What did the motor / controller unit run you? Depending on how much torque you are getting with that motor you may want to consider some wheelie bars. Either way very sweet baja.

We bought a test unit from a company last year but never got around to testing it. We will test it this weekend. If it works out, we will carry them in the shop.

Today was a bust. I had it running for about 30 seconds and something died. Not sure if it was the esc or motor but nothing is working. I have to try another battery and see if something went. I have a feeleing it is the esc since the fan is no longer working. What a bummer.

That sucks you had problems. The brushless set-up we put together ran on 22.2 volts. We used (2) 6cell lipos for extra capacity. After talking with many people from all over about these set-up's they recommended 10 cell lipos ??!! The cost of our set-up is already over what it should be & 10 cells would be outrgeous. I sure hope you have better luck next time ! Here is a couple vids of our MCD RR on 22.2 volts. This set-up is before we went to (2) 6cells.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g35k50Kxmsg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ1m2bSVMao

I would think that the 2wd FG would be less of a load on the motor.

too bad to hear.

can anyone point me to links for a lipo setup for 5th scale car. i'd like to try this out on one of the chassis. or is everything custom fabricated?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks