My DBXL "RE" build project!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCalMX

Stock radio failed on me & I slammed into a wall at full speed bending the chassis and breaking numerous parts as well. I don't support companies like FID racing but some of the parts I needed were on back order and the FID alloy were on feebay calling my name. I must say the machine work is excellent. I would have went with the Bartolone chassis braces if they were available at the time. So here it is, new chassis, steering rack ( servo saver post snapped as well, still on back order but OCBaja machined one up for me so I can run it, awesome job!!!), front & rear chassis braces, chassis top plate and a free billet clutch carrier (they sent the wrong part & told me to keep it). I set this up to run at the track with Losi 5ive beadlocks and Blockade tires. Current motor is OBR 28.5 with a Bartolone silenced pipe. I will have Chris Bartolone build me a legit motor soon. Here is a flood of pics during the process, I absolutely love this thing!!!

picture.php
picture.php

New chassis
picture.php

Last edited:
That dbxl looks absolutely fantastic man! really like the stickers on the cage. and the fid racing braces and steering rack seem to color match perfectly in the picture

Thanks man, more mods.

I run the 5ive-t inner filter, just poke a hole in the center for the screw, throw the stock DBXL outer on with a Outerwears and done. Here is a pic before I installed the outer portions.

picture.php

Installed Silverback beadlock rings and #6x3/4" sheet metal screws.
picture.php

Found these carbon rear shock guards on feebay, I like the look and will be happy when it comes time to clean!
picture.php

I should post some pics of mine. But I got those carbon mud guards also from srn.com I believe it was. I freaking love them. keep all of the grass and mud from wrapping on the dog bones

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks