my engine need porting, know where ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyper 78

hi, does anyone know if i can get my 29cc marder race or reed portded in england, around midlands area.want more power without buying new engine.i know where to buy these engines from but would like to keep currentr engine as just bought 29cc bb kit.want to send current engine for this service. thank u guys...

Ian Oddy does it and Steve from MMR.But to be honest you are best buying a new engine as this service would be a dear do!A 29 has a great power band and a good bit of grunt,I think its good enough for most applications but if its what you want go for it.
You will have to google the two names you have .
J

www.oddified.com

Email Ian as he will build a tuned engine for you provided the donor parts are ok. Most racers use the 26cc "red top" the red cylinder is chromed rather than a standard cylinder which is nicasil (spelling) coated.

hope this helps, Mike

p.s He also does a nitrous kit for you if you want insane fast!!!!!

hi guys , the fg started as a 23cc when i got it 2 weeks ago, with standard filter, exhaust.already fitted jetpro zaust and better filter and front disks,as i said it will be 29cc by friday.just want it fast up top with decent bottom end.when i got it i ran it ,while following it in a mates car, it did 42mph with 46/18 gearing.need more! brought a hyper 7 two days before purchasing my marder off a mate that used the funds off that to get a fg.i had two blasts of the nitro then he let me have a go of his petrol car ,wow it was brilliant, brought a marder myse3lf a couple days after and didnt touch the hyper after that.sold the 7 now as i wont entertain it now the fg is here lol,what a waste of cash, but the nitro had a o s 30 racing engine n could do 45mph,i know these marders are alot bigger and heavier but know they have potental. ive seen 30.5s ts, oddified hele,obrien porting.so know that 5to 8 bhp is possible(not that i need to go that far)but do want more as my two mates have 26cc with decnt exhausts to compete against. i heared ian oddy only tunes if u buy his motors from guys at hobby pro but will try him now its been suggested, oh and nitous sounds awesome!will run it in over week end and see how it performs, hope its a decent difference from 23cc but knoe i lose a bit of revibility for touque, thanks chaps p.s bashing o k 4 now but would love to race when i have had a bit more experience

Ian doesn't only tune engines if you buy from........

Email/phone him or see him trackside and you can send your engine to be tuned, he can supply a complete tuned engine or even just do full/part rebuilds but what ever he does, it always goes on the dyno.

Ian doesn't only tune engines if you buy from........

Email/phone him or see him trackside and you can send your engine to be tuned, he can supply a complete tuned engine or even just do full/part rebuilds but what ever he does, it always goes on the dyno.
hi again mike , thanks alot, will do just that mate,,,watched a few vids on trying it myself(porting that is) i suppose if its going to be a mild job then mite be o.k, but obiously i don't think i could do anything like he can, or anything at all thinking about it! forget that actually , the oddified way it is then, just got to start ordering new bits for the back end (rear upper, lower arms)incase extra power churns them up.:lol:p.s , do you actually get a dyno figure pre- work for a comparison? have you had anything done internally and would you suggest me having this done for power and speed from your experience?

hi again mike , thanks alot, will do just that mate,,,watched a few vids on trying it myself(porting that is) i suppose if its going to be a mild job then mite be o.k, but obiously i don't think i could do anything like he can, or anything at all thinking about it! forget that actually , the oddified way it is then, just got to start ordering new bits for the back end (rear upper, lower arms)incase extra power churns them up.:lol:p.s , do you actually get a dyno figure pre- work for a comparison? have you had anything done internally and would you suggest me having this done for power and speed from your experience?

I can only give my opinion as a racer!

I have used other engines in the past, pitstop tuning, PASE, Hobbycentre and IPS but I alays go back to Oddified engines because I beleive they give the best all round performance. I've raced on road and off road for 8 or 9 years at everything from club meetings to european championships and have never had any issues with any Oddified products - I'm not an Oddified sponsored driver BTW

Pre work Dyno - Ask Ian, I'm not sure.

Mike

p.s pm me for alloy bits.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks